Car & Bike tips on riding a bike during winters

I feel really cold during winters to drive my bike. I try to cover my self as much as possible but the hemet that I wear is not good and cold waves enters easily throgh it. can any one suggest me a good helmet?

vikram rides said:
I feel really cold during winters to drive my bike. I try to cover my self as much as possible but the hemet that I wear is not good and cold waves enters easily throgh it. can any one suggest me a good helmet?

go for a good quality helmet of well-known brand like studds or vega, preferable full protection(the one which covers jaw).

And if you ride in the night, be sure to take helmet with transparent glass.

Go for a skull cap or a ski mask/balaclava. I always wear one at all times of the year, it protects you from hair fall and dust. It also makes me live the counter terrorist fantasy. ( :eek:hyeah: )

As for a good helmet, I believe in spending a bit more for better quality and comfort. I have a LS2 helmet worth Rs.3500 will fully adjustable air intakes which can be closed by sliding buttons on the helmet. The helmet is of extremely good quality and although it weighs a lot its very comfortable and provides very good safety (had a crash at 80 kmph and nothing happened to me a few scratches on the visor that's it). you could also wear riding gloves to keep your hands warm.

^Great suggestions. Didn't even know there were helmets with air intakes. Also, I'm sure I'm not the only person who sticks really close to cars. I try and steal theri warmth. Sounds silly but it works! Got me through a lot of tough rides during the Delhi winters.

^^^^^^any shop that sells biking accesories/ebay/planetdsg.com/helmet shop sometimes shops selling sports goods also stock riding gloves.

Cramster Gloves, LS2 helmet and a balaclava <- Got me through Ladhaks sub zero temperatures. Pretty sure it will handle normal colds. (I have left out of other things since you wont need them)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

In Blore, you can get DSG gloves in Orion Motors opposite Forum Mall and LS2 helmets in "helmet paradise" opposite urvashi theater in JC road. There is also a cramster shop in Cunnigham road.

Check out the protective gear + riding gear I've posted in the showoff thread. It wasn't very costly - these purchases are absolutely totally worth it.

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/stigs-upcoming-gadgets-190614.html#post1934361

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/stigs-upcoming-gadgets-190614.html#post1954597

The fake Alpinestars gloves -- with proper padding and amazing build quality cost me Rs.500, The Alpinestars Balaclava/Ski mask cost me Rs.200 and the Helmet with a spare visor cost me Rs.3500.

i have a helmet with black glasses...looks really cool when i wear my black jacket (have a black bike too)....but when it gets dark it kills me,i cant put down my visor...

so go for transparent visor as someone said above if its a big problem...

Back