To buy or Not to buy - Price Dropped Sensation

So the recent price drop of the sensation has me in a quandary. Not because it isn't a great phone (according to the many reviews) but because of it's known issues

This and This...

But the issues were surfacing by the hundreds around last august and some say that the later produced phones do not have AS MANY issues.

XDA forums found a fix too. Involves opening back cover and tweaking the grounding pin.

Despite all this hoopla and the impending launch of HTC ONE series, is it worth buying the sensation at the tempting price?

I have seen the phone in croma and I really loved Sense 3.0 - it's looks as well as functionality.

There is also news that Sensation and some others will get an ICS update really soon.

Given all this - to buy or not to buy?

Budget was only 20k but seeing sensation at that price decided to stretch.

If you're not in urgent need, then another month of waiting will prove much more beneficial. Few good phones like SGS Advance, Xperia P are coming in the midrange, 20k-25k, with improved performance and battery life. If you wanna buy right away, then nothing beats Sensation at that price currently.

So the recent price drop of the sensation has me in a quandary. Not because it isn't a great phone (according to the many reviews) but because of it's known issues

Thisand This...

But the issues were surfacing by the hundreds around last august and some say that the later produced phones do not have AS MANY issues.

XDA forums found a fixtoo. Involves opening back cover and tweaking the grounding pin.

Despite all this hoopla and the impending launch of HTC ONE series, is it worth buying the sensation at the tempting price?

I have seen the phone in croma and I really loved Sense 3.0 - it's looks as well as functionality.

There is also news that Sensation and some others will get an ICS update really soon.

Given all this - to buy or not to buy?

Budget was only 20k but seeing sensation at that price decided to stretch.

The points that you have raised are not valid anymore. I have been using my phone for 3 months now and these issues have never cropped up. It is a great phone and the ICS update is expected soon. If you like it go for it!

As for the HTC One series, I think they are going to be priced exorbitantly at least at launch considering the hardware specs and features they boast of. Plus there are a few downers in them viz. One S has only 16gb storage with no sd card slot. Also it has a pentile matrix display. Battery is non removable in all variants of One x.

Thanks for the replies guys. Paraman, your experience sounds really comforting. This is gonna be the first time i'm going to fork up MY (rather than parents') hard earned money on any major thing. So really wanted to be (more or less) sure that I won't end up with a lemon.

I can afford to wait a month, but would like to buy 1st week of June, but I hope the sensation prices stay low.

I have my eyes on the upcoming xperia series as well so let us see how that progresses.

Any chances of the sensation XE prices dropping?

Htc Sensation is a sweet phone for that price. It now is definitely worth it. Hope this is the beginning of price wars in the cellphone industry.
<

You can easily solve all the responsiveness problems of the Sensation using the Android Revolution ICS Rom - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1098849

It is a very popular ROM for the Sensation. Dont worry about bricking it - android phones are very hard to brick.

oooh that looks like JUST the kind of ROM i'd want!

I'm also looking at the atrix which is cheaper but I checked out both and I really cannot get over the Sense UI experience of the sensation! The transition effects haunt my daydreams!

I am not an extreme power user and do not mind sacrificing that amount of RAM for the sense UI. My only issue till now has been those reliability issues raised on xda. Some members here assure me that things have changed. Also, Another member recently claimed these are 'clearance units' acc to 'inside sources within HTC' What implications does that have?

sultan, if you are still intrested, Sensation is available for 22,000 at http://www.saholic.com/mobile-phones/htc-sensation-z710e-1001690

How good/reputed is that site? it says delivery in 3 days with free shipping. Some cheapskates gen end up leaving it on consumer to pay octroi, accounting for lower prices.

Recently bought Defy+ from LB and had a hassle free experience. If it is comparable, then the price drop is surely worth it
<

Back