Budget 30-40k To upgrade or replace Battery?

Hey guys,

So, I currently own an iPhone 8 and while it's been pretty great at what I need in a phone, the battery life has been absolutely dreadful. It's battery health is at 82% and I find myself charging the battery twice a day and when I am on a video call for at least two hours via Google Meet, it hits 20% like 90 minutes into the call. It's quite old and I was wondering if replacing the battery would do wonders to it or if I am better off simply buying a new phone. If the latter is the better option, here are my requirements (though, I'd be happy with the iPhone 8 until it 2024, no worries.):-

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Not too unwieldly, 5.5-6.2 inches.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: iOS preferred but wouldn't mind going back to Android.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: Any is fine, 5G would be good but not a necessity.

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Strongly dislike Xiaomi phones. I like OneUI but have heard budget Samsung phones are bad. Stock too is fine.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Reddit, mail, music and some Netflix. Nothing else, strictly no gaming.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: Either. Whichever presents the better deal. No Cost EMI would be highly preferred.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Incredible battery life. Don't need insane amounts of storage. Would be happy with 64GB itself. If Android, I'd like to install custom ROMs afterwards as well.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Looking at something like an iPhone 12 Mini.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys and have a great day! :)

I would replace the battery but the thing here is to ensure you get a genuine one. The knockoffs are typically 40-50% capacity and sell for half the price as genuine.

You will not find genuine phone batteries for sale online. You will have to take it to an authorised service centre. Preferably get them to show you the battery and take a photo of it. There should be some indian markings on it. like bis.gov.in. At least that is what i found on the LG batteries i got for my phone that was missing on generics i found on amazon which other than that were identical in their markings. Weight was less than the original battery so i knew how to tell them apart and they did not allow to monitor the battery temperature from apps.

The way you have asked this question gives the impression you want a new phone more :)

I would replace the battery but the thing here is to ensure you get a genuine one. The knockoffs are typically 40-50% capacity and sell for half the price as genuine.

You will not find genuine phone batteries for sale online. You will have to take it to an authorised service centre. Preferably get them to show you the battery and take a photo of it. There should be some indian markings on it. like bis.gov.in. At least that is what i found on the LG batteries i got for my phone that was missing on generics i found on amazon which other than that were identical in their markings. Weight was less than the original battery so i knew how to tell them apart and they did not allow to monitor the battery temperature from apps.

The way you have asked this question gives the impression you want a new phone more :)
Haha, I guess it's fomo because this might be the last mini phones out there. Like others have stated here, I'm more than happy with the iPhone 8 and would only replace through Apple Authorised Service Centers only. Thanks a lot for your input! :)

Haha, I guess it's fomo because this might be the last mini phones out there. Like others have stated here, I'm more than happy with the iPhone 8 and would only replace through Apple Authorised Service Centers only. Thanks a lot for your input! :)
I was in the same boat as you. Have a xs at 85%. I got a 10000 mah powerbank for Rs 500. Didnt feel like spending 5000 at the official apple service center. I think I will hold on to this till Apple keeps updating it. Which could be 2025.

Back