Toilet Commode Recommendations.

mantheman

Disciple
I need commode recommendations. I'm thinking of getting this Plantex Commode. I think the water tank is built in, but I am not sure if the water pressure is enough to flush things down. The brand seems relatively new, and there are 0 installation videos on how the product works and how the flush functions
https://www.amazon.in/Plantex-Platinium-Ceramic-Rimless-Western/dp/B0C89BMX6K
https://www.amazon.in/Plantex-Platinium-Ceramic-Rimless-Western/dp/B0C89YG6Z9

Other options will be the one that is equiped with battey.

I can't tell you which one to go for, but one thing which I learned when I got my bathroom work done is always go for a commode which you've seen working as expected with your eyes. You could do this by Checking at relatives or hotels etc.

I got Cera celebrate 3D with sensor tech and it's been a headache since then. Even after changing of entire WC under warranty, the replacement also didn't flush as expected.
Finally got non sensor parts installed in it and now it's better, not perfect but works.

And I wouldn't trust these new brands solely due to lack of reliable after sales support.

Use Microsoft edge translator: https://www.manoramaonline.com/home...ll-hanging-closet-incident-introspection.html

My advice would be avoid all sensor/light nonsense, just go for a good quality one like jaquar/grohe/cera/hindware. Personally will avoid wall mounted and new ones with buttons/tanks inside walls because don't want to complicate future maintenance. You would need to find a good plumber to install it that would be the biggest headache.

used products you would not regret.
LMAO! I read it as a used product meaning a used commode.
@OP go for a manual ones as it got way too less headache and almost no maintenance compared to those flashy automatic ones. You certainly would like to avoid those situations where after pooping the flush isn't working or after the job gets done, lid is not closing or otherwise those hard to detect leakages and breakdown of the system. And these couldn't be fixed by any local plumber but only the brand technicians and if it comes to a replacement decision your neighbors will say "oh gosh! see that costly lavish sandas failed while our desi seat is such a tension free affair!"

Last edited:
If it's a new build or if you can retrofit then go for wall mounted rimless commode with metropole lever (not buttons with fixed flush volumes).

Otherwise, what you've linked are good options. Just make sure the trap type matches your existing installation (S-trap or P-trap).

Last edited:
My advice would be avoid all sensor/light nonsense

flashy automatic ones.

Otherwise, what you've linked are good options.
Thanks for the suggestion guys.

So the Plantex I've linked does not use any automatic/battery stuff. It looks like everything is manual, and it is floor-mounted. Do you guys think it is a good option? I am not sure how the built-in water tank will work; that is one of my concerns. If other brands have a similar product with a video, I would like to see it if you have it on how it works.

I am not sure how the built-in water tank will work; that is one of my concerns.
Its water tank is no different than other one-piece water closets available in similar price range. Siphonic flushing technique is pretty old and it works flawlessly as long as the guests don't use it :p.

If other brands have a similar product with a video, I would like to see it if you have it on how it works.
Siphonic Vs washdown:

I think few functionality that you should look out for:
  • How will it work in electrical & sensor malfunction?
  • Is the shape & structure such that water can splash out when a large dump (or stream) goes in?
  • Can the poop stick to the inside surface? (In other words, does the inner surface remain wet to prevent sticking)
  • How well does it deal with "floaters"?
  • Are all parts easily reachable after installation?

Here are some more recommendations esp. when battery operated ones stuck my mind..

And I wouldn't trust these new brands solely due to lack of reliable after sales support.
This is quite an incredible statement.

Who ever heard of a commode needing after sales support :hilarious:

For those used to old school commodes that work.
And these couldn't be fixed by any local plumber but only the brand technicians and if it comes to a replacement decision your neighbors will say "oh gosh! see that costly lavish sandas failed while our desi seat is such a tension free affair!"
^this is the biggest risk and you know what. They're right :cool:

Read my entire message, I got my Cera commode replaced under warranty.

So after sales support matters even for commodes unless you get an Indian style without any mechanical parts.
My experience with commodes is any competent plumber can maintain them. Being a plumber isn't even necessary and I've never had anyone from the company attend to them.

In a way i take this for granted as parts are readily available and the commode itself isn't difficult to maintain. Which is how it should be.

Why pay any plumber when you can get this done for free under warranty :)
And in case of issues which require whole commode to be changed, any plumber can't do that.
Because commode will last way longer than any warranty isn't it. Think decades or that is my experience. These things don't get changed very often if at all. They need to be properly functioning and internals will need replacing from time to time for which parts are available in the market.

I have never required whole commode to be changed o_O

... unless physically damaged

I have never required whole commode to be changed
Dude... , my point is a general statement and not about you :)

Don't take it personally. I wanted to help the OP by sharing my experience, which may vary for everyone. But who knows, he might face the same issue which I did.

OP wanted recommendations and I shared that, Hope I didn't do anything wrong by sharing my experience.

Back