Torqx'd My Pro / Supercharged IT :D

so i decided to do a little spec bump. am love with it all over again. i had initially planned this right after i got my pro, but just waited till a price drop and good deal to come my way.. finally black friday came and i got the patriot torqx for 349 / comes with a 10 yr warranty aswell. which sealed the deal for me.. had picked up a crucial 4gb ddr3 kit as well for 101/ this works best with the mac's and are very well rated @ egg aswell. so without anymore talk.. will let the pics speak

Patriot Torqx 128GB SSD

dsc00304ww.jpg

Inside The Box

dsc00305h.jpg

A Closer Look

dsc00307x.jpg

Crucial 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 Kit

dsc00289w.jpg

Super Stock Pro

dsc00313d.jpg

Supercharged Pro

dsc00320q.jpg

did the firmware upgrade for the ssd and the ram worked flawless aswell.. upgrading snowleopard as i type this, will post xbench results later.

thanx guys, the system just feels so much better, its like a new computer all together.. everything is snappy.. high def videos start playing instantly .. there is no lag what so ever.. Itunes plays songs just as i click em.. im talkin big ass flac files too, transfers esp large files just zip through.. i can multitask better.. and since i upgraded the ram as the same point aswell.. thats a bonus am in loveee with my laptop. i dont think id ever be able 2 go back 2 a regular drive now.. cpu speeds are overrated.. for the daily user like me especially.. ssds r here and they make daily tasks which we take for granted a whole lot easier.. and yes the premium is worth it... who doesnt like a fast computer? lol

also there is nooo harddrive vibration anymore.. its cooler..and quieter.. ssds r a must especially for laptop users.. and people who say they r a myth ..and that i can wait 20 more secs for my laptop to boot. theyll be shocked when they actually start using a ssd, the difference is huge. i can go and on about it to be honest.. it is by far the most significant improvement ive seen from just a single component. its awesome :eek:hyeah:

Lovely my boy. Your upgrades inspire and tempt me too much. Just when i start thinking and try to convince myself that, "whats the point in having all these gadgets, upgrades etc etc, when all will be left behind once we all enter our graves (may God give us long lives)". You, my dear friend "DRIFT" my mind. LOL.

Back