Video Toshiba 40inch PS200 (Thinking LED) any reviews/feedback?

Malique

Adept
Hi friends,
Looking forward to buy a 40" LED TV, found Toshiba's LED TV's in a very good range (can get it upto 41k in exchange and minus the freebies)

Anybody has any experiences with these new range of thinking LED TV's of Toshiba?
I am considering PS200 (40inch) Toshiba PS200

Folks with any recent good/bad experiences with Toshiba are also welcome to pitch in.

Morning bump :unsure:

I was considering buy Toshiba LED too but decided against it. I have seen many Toshiba LED's and frankly never been impressed with them.
The only reason I have seen people going for them is that they are cheap. My friend bought 2 32 inch HD ready Toshiba TVs for 13.5k each. I regret not buying one of those. Not so good PQ but do the job.
The only exception you can find is some very few selected models look good, otherwise overall I found the PQ not very good. May be am spoiled by my high end Sony TV.
I saw many models and found only 2 models quite decent, am sorry I cannot recollect their specific model number. But only that they were expensive compared to it's brothers for the same size.
I mean of the 3-4 models of 32 inches TVs I saw, only one was nice and it was the most expensive of the 4. Still the most expensive is cheaper than most TVs.
It was the same story in the 40 inch models, the cheapest one was shouting that it was cheap. Again only the top model was the best.

The best way to buy a TV is going to the showroom and seeing for yourself the PQ and the difference in others TVs compared to this TV.
So go to the shop, and compare for yourself. Also take a PD because it does happen at times that the shop owners do not input quality signals and hence the output does not look good.
Take some 1080p movie with you.

Hi friends,
Looking forward to buy a 40" LED TV, found Toshiba's LED TV's in a very good range (can get it upto 41k in exchange and minus the freebies)

Anybody has any experiences with these new range of thinking LED TV's of Toshiba?
I am considering PS200 (40inch) Toshiba PS200

Folks with any recent good/bad experiences with Toshiba are also welcome to pitch in.

Hey there, I just recently purchased Toshiba PS200 40 inch. Prior to my purchase, I've considered other brands - Samsung, Skyworth, Devant and Sony. When I tested all of them, I was surprised to see that PS200 is actually comparable to a Sony PQ. And Toshiba was for 25k cash (this is in Philippine peso).

PQ is superb! Sound is very good too but you won't be getting that deep bass sound - might as well get a home theatre. The unit is also super slim since it's edge lit and consumes 77W during operation.

You should test it and compare it side by side with other models - make sure to bring your own movie file which you have tested at home so you can gauge the picture quality.

Hi @flip31,
thanks for your comments. I did visit the showroom, but it gets overwhelming with so many models around and after sometime you just cant make out the difference. Its just like perfumes, after checking a couple of fragrances you cant make a difference at all.

How is the USB support? is it able to play MKV files and external HDD's on NTFS file systems?

Back