TP-link router won't connect to the internet

stefanm

Disciple
I have a TP -link Archer c20 which was working at a different location with the same ISP, now I'm trying to use it at home, set up correctly (I believe) and it just won't connect to the internet. Is it faulty? Or is there some magical settings that need tweaking? It's still under warranty.

Any suggestions?

Have you asked the ISP? You are paying them so they will help troubleshoot.

ISP may have mac address locking, in which case try to find the mac address of the previously connecting device and clone it to the router.

I have a TP -link Archer c20 which was working at a different location with the same ISP, now I'm trying to use it at home, set up correctly (I believe) and it just won't connect to the internet. Is it faulty? Or is there some magical settings that need tweaking? It's still under warranty.

Any suggestions?
Reset Mac with your ISP.
If still does not works, reset router.

Reset Mac with your ISP.
If still does not works, reset router.
I'll try that tomorrow, if it doesn't work then I'll RMA it. Will update ASAP.
Have you asked the ISP? You are paying them so they will help troubleshoot.
E
ISP may have mac address locking, in which case try to find the mac address of the previously connecting device and clone it to the router.
Lol, they're actually comical and refused any help. I will be on their case tomorrow, otherwise I'll get a refund and switch, competition is good for the consumer here right now.

Check your ISP's customer portal if there are any options to reset the MAC address. Or alternatively, check if the ISP's consumer portal is displaying any MAC address, then you can enter that address into your router.
That might get your internet working again.

Check your ISP's customer portal if there are any options to reset the MAC address. Or alternatively, check if the ISP's consumer portal is displaying any MAC address, then you can enter that address into your router.
That might get your internet working again.
I'll take a look at that, but the router doesn't connect even with a wired connection. I think I had set it up on a different laptop initially, so it might be worth plugging that one in first to see if I get internet.
I just read this on the ISP site "*Note: The MAC needs to be reset while doing a dial up connection. Hence the customer needs to inform the EthernetXpress Support Dept. about doing a dial up connection"

LoL, when contacted them regarding any settings, the person was just arrogant, ignorant and just simply tiresome to deal with.

Last edited:
Back