Tplink xe75 wifi 6E mesh anyone?

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Anyone else looking at this set?

Says coming soon and redirect to amazon and fk , amazon page 25k for 2 piece set and delivery within a couple of days but same page mentions usually dispatched within 4 days.

This is the EU region v1 release with first version firmware and only 3 channel 160mhz while the US version has 7 channel.

Looks relatively affordable?

Its not Indias wish but global standards and soon it will get finalized...right now focus is on 5g contracts loot.
Also no logic investing too early as when 6g gets normalized prices will collapse under 10k. Makes sense tow ait until someone wishes to flaunt a futuristic technology here..

Its not Indias wish but global standards and soon it will get finalized...right now focus is on 5g contracts loot.
Also no logic investing too early as when 6g gets normalized prices will collapse under 10k. Makes sense tow ait until someone wishes to flaunt a futuristic technology here..
i completely agree , but indian government sometimes i dont understand why are they even listening to local telcos or thinking about loss of revenue .Our telcos dont make oem equipment neither they have r&D teams nor have some global standards launched by them which would be acceptable .Why put some bullshit arguments when you are playing catchup and local population is price conscious.

i am all in for 5g especially in small cities town and villages . that would put them on par with cities /metro cities.

pricing of 6e routers comming down its difficult untill and unless mediatek comes out with their chips

has india finalized its 6ghz band standards ?
We don't have any on wifi. We follow Euro standards AFAICT
Wifi 6 is not 6G (!) latter is for mobile offered by a telco. Wifi is your own.
This is the EU region v1 release with first version firmware and only 3 channel 160mhz while the US version has 7 channel.
My Netgear has different settings depending on the country. But its only 3 channel for 5Ghz & AC as well at 80Mhz. Channels 149 to 162.

My R7000 does not have the lower 2 digit ones.

So is this a regional thing or a how can we keep the product costs down thing?

I don't know why adding more channels increases costs for a radio but apparently it does.

Wifi 6 uses 160 mhz channels. I have not bothered with it because it does not offer much in terms of range and its only if you need to have 8 devices using wifi simultaneuosly without them fighting. The improvement with Wifi 6 is going from 4 to 8 devices attached and the higher throughput if your devices have 6 or even 6E. Only the galaxy S22+ & Ultra have 6E. Plain vanilla S22 only has 6.

Otherwise plain 'n' (Wifi 4) 5Ghz & AC (Wifi 5) can handle 4 devices simultaneously. I found this review and comparison of AC vs AX quite educational.

Last edited:
well its country specific , enterprise grade ap`s have country specific models .

japan has a slightly different wifi spec

6 ghz band globally was /is majorly vaccant band hence wifi went with that band/range/chunk , but some countries had licensed out that to other services . so if the country has allowed some amount of band range than the OEM has to respect and modify its software/hardware so as to skip using that band

interesting article ,has its own pros and cons.

But i would recommend following the world specwise/protocol wise.

Last edited:
I got the tplink xe75 a couple of days ago and using it in access point mode.

Getting the expected "full" internet speeds of nearly 900 mbps over wifi 6 client devices when near the device and between 700 to 800 mbps when around 10 to 15 feet away, which is pretty impressive.

Overall this seems to have very good performance and is value for money, more so when you compare it with the other brands costly models.

Like one of the online reviews said, tplink has democratised wifi 6e with this model performance and price.

Let me know if you have any questions

Getting the expected "full" internet speeds of nearly 900 mbps over wifi 6 client devices when near the device and between 700 to 800 mbps when around 10 to 15 feet away, which is pretty impressive.

Overall this seems to have very good performance and is value for money, more so when you compare it with the other brands costly models.

Like one of the online reviews said, tplink has democratised wifi 6e with this model performance and price.

Let me know if you have any questions
so you have 1 gig lan connection ?

You mean WAN? Yep 1 gbps main connection and 500 second one via a tplink er605 load balancer.

But yes my LAN too is 1gbit...

25k wow, that's the price if you want mesh anything I guess.
1 gbps main connection and 500 second one via a tplink er605 load balancer.

This is an aggregator for more than one internet connection with fail over I guess

It's also a firewall with lots of nifty features.

Yes I have the er605 which you linked as well.

Yep even 25k price seems a bomb, but much better VFM (if you can call it that) when compared to, say, a Netgear orbi set costing nearly double and that too for old models with just wifi 6 and no 6e.

Well, you've certainly beaten every one to it with the xe75 :)

Was looking for reviews and most of them date from just a month ago. They seem mixed because of privacy isssues. You have to manage your network through TP-link's website. And only through the app. The web interface does not allow to configure the router like netgear.

It’s important to note that having to sign in with an account with TP-Link means your mesh system connects to the vendor at all times — you manage your home network through TP-Link.

And that translates into inherent privacy risks. Here’s TP-Link’s Privacy Policy — make sure you trust the company and are comfortable with what it collects from your network.

Privacy is a matter of degree. While it’s never a good idea to have your network managed via a third party, the data collection varies from one company to another.

A lot of people here struggle just with getting adequate coverage in their homes. They don't have super internet speeds.

Mesh seems like the ideal solution but they don't like the price.

I get what you say about Netgear though. There are 3 options and that comes with either 2 or 3 sets.

20k, 35k or 60k for 5,000 sqft at the high end.

Netgears forums are full of people complaining about firmware bugs to the point you feel afraid of upgrading the firmware. You can see this already in the amazon reviews. Some found it easy to setup and others needed lots of handholding and these are people familiar with networking. So the jump to mesh depending on the vendor has a learining curve.

The install of this Xe75 seems simpler. Wired backhaul works best which you set up as an AP and then people will say i can do that with older systems too.

Last edited:
The 20k set is just wifi 5 btw and many years old.

Compared to equivalent features from other brands the xe75 is VFM and I hope it forces them to react to the competition.

True about the privacy concerns part though.

Back