Monitors Transporting LCD.. safe?

DCEite

Adept
Hi
One of my mates is looking to buy an LCD (most probably 19 inch viewsonic). He has never used LCD before, only 17inch CRTs. His job is such that he gets transferred between inter-state office locations frequently, so while today he is in Delhi, tommorow he might be in Mumbai!
My question is, how safe it is for an LCD to get transported. Are there any carrying case like those for Laptops so that he can take the monitor with him in his suitcase? Will it be dangerous for the LCD monitor to travel by Bus/Tempo/Train ?

as it's been answered dozen times already...

best way to transport a lcd is to put a dozen 'fragile' stickers on it and carry it in its original casing, you could stuff extra crumpled newspapers in it for safety measures

NOT in a suitcase

carry it in the original box , should be ok . it has to travel from factory to stores in the same way right.. if its by flight , try to bring it in hand luggage since you cant blame anyone but your self that way

my dell has taken quite a beating and survived.. from spore to bbay checked in , then in the cargo bay of a volvo from bbay-pune and agan from pune chennai in flight

No issues dude. My 940BW survived a mumbai to pune trip in a volvo without a problem.

The 940BW LCD box has a plastic handle with which I could carry it like a suitcase.

And the box had good padding and cover inside too, so that no scratches can occur.

What happened to you original box? did u throw away all the padding material?

If so, you better use a screen protector and stick it on before transporting.

he did not buy the LCD yet...

One of my mates is looking to buy an LCD (most probably 19 inch viewsonic). He has never used LCD before, only 17inch CRTs. His job is such that he gets transferred between inter-state office locations frequen

^^Yes kumar he hasnt bought it yet. The only thing that was stopping him was the fear of damaging the LCD. He prefers Desktops to laptops, is a big gaming addict.

BTW the monitor in question is VG1930wm Viewsonic.

As long as u hav the original packaging,there should not be a problem...as it is the whole thing in the box is easy to carry WRT CRTs.

Back