Travelling is gonna be fun now ;)

free image host

Couldn't find any of these in stock here. So decided to take some risk and get it from outside India. Had some good experiences, so sharing with you guys ...

iBasso D4 Mamba - INR ~11700, UPS priority, delivered in 3 working days
Source : ibasso.com
Store impressions : Amazing, delivered in 3 days!

iPowerUS DC9V Battery Fast Smart Charger + 2 x DC 9V-520mAh Li-Polymer Battery - INR 4423, USPS air mail, delivered in 14 working days
Source : pro-sound.com
Store impressions : Excellent shipping and handling - look at the way they shipped the charger!

Fischer Eterna - INR 3453, Singapore Post Air, delivered in 20 working days
Source : treoo.com
Store impressions : Friendly and prompt customer service

For the sound, very impressive, couldn't ask for more! ep630 starts tearing at high volumes which Eterna can handle with ease. Will post more details after the burn in

Congrats !! Though the Eternas are really awesome for the price the D4 deserves something even better :D.

Welcome to the club :D and good to hear that you can get the ipowerus shipped to India .I have been searching for the same badly from 3 weeks ,searched the entire of Singapore for it.

Did you have to mention any estimated value on the box ?

Notice they still did open it up for an 'inspection' :)

FaH33m said:
^ Great ! Can't wait to try out the Eternas :D
Cant wait to try out RE-0 :bleh:
blr_p said:
Did you have to mention any estimated value on the box ?

Notice they still did open it up for an 'inspection' :)

All items were under valued, though i didn't request it.
The mamba came in as a usb sound card worth $20
Eterna - $20 &
Battery at $35
Not sure if i answered your ques?

raja_mastana said:
Cant wait to try out RE-0 :bleh:

The mamba came in as a usb sound card worth $20

Eterna - $20 &

Battery at $35

Not sure if i answered your ques?

I will be getting the RE-252 as well ;) . No wonder your stuff got through customs easily .Good valuation by the companies :tongue:.

No, so let me clarify again.

It appears the shipper did not declare any value as in write it down on the box. So the customs did open it but still charged you nothing.

^ He hasn't posted the snaps of declaration slip .No shipment will come without a proper declaration made on the post office/ courier companies slip. Even if its a gift , one has to declare the commercial value of the item .

raja_mastana said:
The mamba came in as a usb sound card worth $20 [Rs.11700]
Eterna - $20 & [Rs.3453]
Battery at $35 [Rs.4423]

I'm amazed they did this on their own, they must have experience dealing with indian customers by now :D

I'm reading in the other thread that the total should not exceed $100 before duty kicks in.

faheem said:
^ Most companies do this on their own ,especially the one's who take care of each individual order .

Did not get the latter part of your sentence.

Every company 'takes care' of each individual order don't they ?

raja_mastana said:
@blr_p hmm IIRC you had posted a link which said above INR 10000, not sure.
Possible hmm..cannot recall atm :(

I was talking about another thread.

manu1991 said:
Isnt customs levied only on products > 5000 bucks ? irrespective of gift or not ?
nishantgandhi said:
Yes, I signed on a customs receipt.

Not all .Some smaller /mid sized companies which take custom orders etc.(like the few guys on head-fi etc)consider special requests related to customs declaration etc.

Yeah, i guess the ones that don't, do not usually ship abroad otherwise i'm thinking it would be mandatory, then again India might be unique in this regard.

Please donate generously to your govt :|

Back