Tribute to German Bakery (Very touching Video)

I can't forget the great atmosphere in that place. Indians and ex-pats alike used to happy there, come to have fun, meet friends, hang out. I miss Pune and German Bakery.

Very nice vid there amol :)
Narrator sounds like Jason Statham but I guess its just another Londoner

There was an article the day after about the owner of the place with a little background on how the bakery came to be. Everyone talks about those that were lost or how horrible it all is but the story of the owner was just as touching.

It will be back, how could it not come back :)

blr_p said:
It will be back, how could it not come back :)

I really wish it comes back but I read there are some hurdles this time. The sitting area was illegal and hence PMC is not giving permission to erect the same again. Only the original bakery area could be reconstructed again. :( Now if it's shifted, then it might lose the charm. It's the area, people and the atmosphere that made the bakery. Please spare the bakery PMC :( There are LOTS of other illegal structure out there why can't this little bakery then.

The sitting area was illegal and hence PMC is not giving permission to erect the same again.
Heh, this is all politics, we will see. If it was not illegal before the event then why does it apply now, looks like PMC was not being diligent before right ;)

At the end of the day there is a strong need to return to normalcy.

Back