trouble making always on internet on adsl modem, pics included of setup interface

net

Disciple
Guys,

I am trying to setup always on connectivity in my adsl modem, as i need to input it to belkin g wireless router.

I am not getting to achieve make it an always on internet setup with all the possible tries i just did.

Its a compex modem and the interface is different from other modems.

All the options shown are in printscreened in the attachment with the post, please check and guide what kind of option do i need and where to fill.

Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled - 10.jpg
    Untitled - 10.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 93
1. When I go to the modem setup page, then Wan , then I edit the 0-35 option as its the dataone band told by their officials.

2. On next page page (page2)Then I click the next coz it shows correct values 0 and 35 corresponding.

3. Page 3.. not sure what to select to get an always on broadband setup saved in modem..

so please guide as per what i need to do next.

On page 3, you have two options. You can set it in PPPoE mode, which means you'll have to enter your BSNL DataOne username and password. In this case the authentication will happen on your modem itself. If your modem's IP is 192.168.1.1, then you'll have to make sure that your Belkin router is using a different IP, or else it won't work.

The better option on page 3 is to use bridging instead. That way, you have to put in the username and password on your Belkin router. This is a much simpler setup since there would be only one NAT device in your network, that's the Belkin router. Less hassles with port forwarding and the like, should the need ever arise.

Back