Tulsi Seeds and Sabja Seeds are Different? Yes it is !!!

Emperor

Skilled
While searching on google for benefit of using Tulsi Seeds, I found various website/articles miss-quote SABJA as TULSI ... seriously.. it is very very wrong and if any once consume SABJA seeds, thinking it is TULSI seeds than the user will get EXACTLY opposite result.

If any once mix up (confused) between Tusli & Sabja and didn't get expected result than please do not blame Ayurveda.

Tulsi have lots of very very good effect on human health read here

Tulsi Potency: Tulsi has hot potency and known to reduce Cough & Cold
Sabja Potency: SABJA has cold potency and can increase cough & cold

Taste: Tulsi also called as "hot basil" (in cookbooks) because of its leaf taste bitter, spicy taste (Link Here), while SABJA called as Sweet Basil (Link Here)

Last edited:
Both are same.

The name given is the basic difference.

Tulsi is sanskrit name
Basil is English
Sabja is also same.

Keep Sabja seeds in water for 5 minutes and check white substance start covering all over seeds, the same seed we all eat with Faluda at ice-cream center.
Keep tulsi seed in water for 5 minutes no such substance appears over seeds.

Watch below video to correctly Identify Tulsi & Sabja
Video 1 and Video 2

tulsi-sabja.jpg

I myself taking Tulsi Ras everyday and also ate Sabja Seeds in summer season adding it into home made faluda-ice-cream

Keep Sabja seeds in water for 5 minutes and check white substance start covering all over seeds, the same seed we all eat with Faluda at ice-cream center.
Keep tulsi seed in water for 5 minutes no such substance appears over seeds.

Watch below video to correctly Identify Tulsi & Sabja
Video 1 and Video 2

View attachment 209262

I myself taking Tulsi Ras everyday and also ate Sabja Seeds in summer season adding it into home made faluda-ice-cream
Yeah sabja is the one usually used in faloodas and tulsi seeds we use in tea and homely medicines etc. I too have a doubt but the net says both are equal. At my parents place we drink tulsi seed tea..tiny in size compared to sabja but again the net confuses and so the answer taken from the net was unable to post the link.
And important point is both of them come sunder basil family so they are related.

Back