Video Tv around 20-25k budget.

awestorr

Adept
So, One of my relative has asked if he should buy this.

Acer 109 cm (43 inches) I Series 4K Ultra HD Android Smart LED TV AR43AR2851UDFL (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/0npeReO

Is this a good deal @20.5k?
I have no idea about tv's tbh and also i absolutely hate acer .
Are there any alternatives with android os 12?
What are some of the features i should look for ?
In 20-30k range i m mostly finding redmi,hisense,moto,oneplus,realme etc.

Edit- is there any disadvantage of running 720p/1080p content on a 43inch 4k tv?
Will the picture be worse than that of a 32inch fhd one?

Last edited:
From LG, Samsung, you'll only get 32" 768p TVs in this range. Even with some smaller brands, you might have to go beyond 25k to get 43".

Vu used to have decent reviews. My personal experience is also good. 4 years and running trouble free. But these days, availability of Vu is not that great. They launch new models, then disappear.

I remember hearing a lot of negative reviews about Redmi TVs, but haven't heard much in the last 2 years or so.

Smaller brand TVs are largely about luck. If you're lucky, nothing will happen for years. If you're unlucky, the TV will die immediately out of warranty.

I would highly recommend getting 3 years of extended warranty with whatever TV you buy. That way, you'll at least have the peace of mind for that long.

@gourav is
there any disadvantage of running 720p/1080p content on a 43inch 4k tv?
Also if u can point me towards latest android os tvs, that would be great.

Get Vu, Hisense or Xiaomi ones from budget brands. Avoid others.

Acer's brand name has been licensed out to 3rd party.

Wait for sale to begin on 7th. Even in early sale 4K 43" Hisense is 20k & 50" is 25k. So those are definitely great options. I will recommend paying extra for extended warranty as well. You might be able to get LG or Samsung 43" 4K for close to 25k as well, if you don't have service centre for those 3 in your area.

From LG, Samsung, you'll only get 32" 768p TVs in this range. Even with some smaller brands, you might have to go beyond 25k to get 43".
So much for the Moore's law.
I remember spending around 20K for 32" Toshiba TV (CFL illuminated though) that had at least half decent speakers in 2010!
Looks like the prices have not climbed down at all.
I was anticipating around 50" screen for the same money now.
@gourav is
there any disadvantage of running 720p/1080p content on a 43inch 4k tv?
Also if u can point me towards latest android os tvs, that would be great.
There is an ideal ratio of screen size vs screen resolution vs viewing distance. Check yours first:

You should be able to find Hisense A6H 43 inch for around 20k (it was available at this price last week itself)

LG has the 4k 43inch TV available at 30k. During sale, with some price drop and card offers, you should be able to get it for near to 25k-27k

I want to buying a 43" for another room. Which of these 2 do you guys suggest if getting at almost same price?

1. Hisense 108 cm (43 inches) 4K Ultra HD QLED Google TV 43U6K
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0CGJZXDW4/
+ QLED
+ 600+ nits (around 400 in reality)
+ Android (can install Kodi, etc.)
+ 3 years warranty (even if it is bad)
+ Dolby Vision
+ Dolby Atmos
- After sales service
- Cheaper brand

2. SAMSUNG Crystal Vision 4K iSmart with Voice Assistant 108 cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Tizen TV 2023 Edition with Video Calling & IOT Sensors for Light & Camera (UA43CUE70AKLXL)
https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-cr...g-iot-sensors-light-camera/p/itm79226ba6af7cf

+ After sale service.
+ Premium brand
- Less brightness (according to one highly biased reviewer, not sure)
- No Android, will need to buy a fire stick 4K to use kodi etc.
- Just one USB port
- 1 years warranty (+1 year on panel)
- No Dolby Vision
- No Dolby Atmos

Last edited:
Sticking with old well known brands like LG, samsung, sony, panasonic etc would be the way to go. These brands might not give you a lot of features but they will have solid panels, good power supply boards in them with high quality components which are not cheap by the way.

These new gen-z brands will compromise on quality components in this segment just to give you every single possible feature that exists.

In both the cases you get what you pay for.

any idea whats the android version on hisense?
android 11
no update from last year. google tv. and don't expect one.
i have hisense a6h 43" purchased at18999 with all discounts coupons cashbacks last year.
overall good quality tv
like @Heisen said to the point
because there was horizontal line appeared on the middle-top portion of tv from left to right complete screen.
good thing is that tv got replaced exactly after 14 days and in tier 1 city.

the later 120hz version is good deal around 23k price if OP want android/google tv

Last edited:
I want to buying a 43" for another room. Which of these 2 do you guys suggest if getting at almost same price?

1. Hisense 108 cm (43 inches) 4K Ultra HD QLED Google TV 43U6K
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0CGJZXDW4/
+ QLED
+ 600+ nits (around 400 in reality)
+ Android (can install Kodi, etc.)
+ 3 years warranty (even if it is bad)
+ Dolby Vision
+ Dolby Atmos
- After sales service
- Cheaper brand

2. SAMSUNG Crystal Vision 4K iSmart with Voice Assistant 108 cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Tizen TV 2023 Edition with Video Calling & IOT Sensors for Light & Camera (UA43CUE70AKLXL)
https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-cr...g-iot-sensors-light-camera/p/itm79226ba6af7cf

+ After sale service.
+ Premium brand
- Less brightness (according to one highly biased reviewer, not sure)
- No Android, will need to buy a fire stick 4K to use kodi etc.
- Just one USB port
- 1 years warranty (+1 year on panel)
- No Dolby Vision
- No Dolby Atmos
Bought Samsung Crystal Vision.

Last edited:
I am in a similar predicament. My room needs a 43" 4K TV; my ideal budget would be ~23k. I have narrowed down on HiSense A6H or A6K and TCL P617 or P635.

Though, everyone seems to be recommending Samsung or LG. Are they really that much better when it comes to reliability? I have two Mi TVs (50" and 32") are working quite well.

Further, with the 4 year warranty (3 brand + 1 Amazon) on the HiSense compared to the one year warranty on Samsung, wouldn't the HiSense make more sense? Thanks
Bought Samsung Crystal Vision.
Any reason you picked the Samsung over the Hisense model?

Back