Video TV for 55k

ssk the gr8

Disciple
1. Budget.

2. Viewing distance.

9 feet - 10 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

HD DTH and mobile phone using DLNA

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

1st LED-LCD 2nd LCD TV

5. Preference for brands.

none

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
no

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
3 windows, so it is well lit, can use curtains to darken the room

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

Looking for the best Picture quality in both HD and SD(as most of the channels are still SD)
I've seen people watching SD channels stretched on HDTVs. Is there no option to change aspect ratio? or is the option available on DTH STB? cause the content should be in 4:3 , Black bars on both side is OK. Is there a fix for this?

3d is not required. DLNA is a must. And TV has to be wifi enabled as it is quite far from the router, for which i believe i'll have to buy a USB Wireless LAN Adaptor some thing like this UWA-BR100 : Internet TV Accessories : TV & Projector Accessories : Sony India ?
Using Skype,youtube and web browsing is also in the plan.
Is browsing a good idea on the tv? will it be used or be just a gimmick that a person gets bored of in a few months?

OMG....Can't believe you now.....first thinkdigit....then Hifivision and now Techenclave.....There are few sites still left....

Is there a problem? There is no harm in getting responses from several forums although some members may have registered themselves in multiple forums. A lot of them do that to ensure that they make an informed and wise decision.

Back