Monitors TV/Monitor

afasayan

Recruit
As the title states I'm looking for a TV or monitor in the price range of 20k to 30k.

The TV/monitor will be hooked to a PC, Satellite box(Tata Sky HD) and PS3-Tata Sky and PS3 can be hooked separately. So it should have at least two HDMI ports as I don't want to manually switch the audio of the two sources.

I would prefer it to be in the 23"-27" range with a resolution of at least 1920x1080.

A TV would be easier to switch between PC & Tata sky/PS3 but as TVs have a low refresh rate, ghosting is a problem so the refresh rate has to be very low so as to play games easily on both PC and PS3.

A monitor wins on the refresh rate part but loses heavily on the switching between two sources-as it doesn't have a remote to switch and YES I do need to switch between the two sources easily.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME

I have a question can a monitor be used as a TV .. viewing distance would be 3-3.5 ft. The monitor in question is Dell U2311H. I'm planning to use it with Videcon DTH on HDMI .. Would invest in a bigger screen later this year. Is it a wise decision or does it makes sense ???

At upto 4-5 feet. a 23inch monitor can be used as tv. the only problem you will face is if sound. you will have to setup sound on something else. Like getting it directly off the stb through headphones or through speakers.

Back