PC Peripherals TVS Gold - Keys won't pop up automatically

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi,

I had purchased TVS Gold keyboard couple of months back. From yesterday, down arrow key is showing signs of issues. It gets pressed but unlike other keys which pop out instantly, this one remains down for couple of secs and then pops up back. Though it works properly.

Do I need to visit service center ?

If yes, any idea where is it in Mumbai ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Any suggestions before mandatory service center visit ? Also anyone knows their service center in Mumbai ? Quality of service ?

Some of the keys on my TVSE Gold have this issue as well. As in, the keycaps do not instantly pop out but takes about a second. Not a big deal anyway. Wasn't a big botheration.

You may have dropped tea or any food which is sticky on that key accidentally, which TVSE does not cover under warranty. If this is the case, pull out the plastic key and on the push button, put some acetone or 100% alcohol and drop out so that it resolves that liquid which is making that key sticky.

You may have dropped tea or any food which is sticky on that key accidentally, which TVSE does not cover under warranty. If this is the case, pull out the plastic key and on the push button, put some acetone or 100% alcohol and drop out so that it resolves that liquid which is making that key sticky.

Nope. In the room where my desktop is placed, no eating no drinking.

Bumping my old thread,

Many keys have developed this issue. But unlike earlier keys does not pop out after couple of secs but stay low only. I have to manually bring them back in normal position.

What is easiest solution for this ? I m afraid to open/pull out keys from this one. Also I have not dropped food/beverages on this one.

Have you cleaned the underside of the keys yet? Dust along with moisture content in the air can also make the keys sticky over time.

Went to TVS service center, the guy there asked for the problem and handed me the replacement. He didn't even checked for the problem or the bill, just the warranty sticker at the back. Took barely 10 mins, pretty good service imo.

I'm having such problem too on my mechanical Razer black widow several keys including the numpad isn't working. should I try WD40?

Finally got replaced the keyboard. Older one had broken one of hinges which used to raise height. They first denied warranty citing physical damage but on reuest and polite argueent they asked to call next day. Next day confirmed about replacement which I executed couple of days after.

Back