Linux tvtime!

greenhorn

Patron
a long running gripe of mine against linux was that it never supported my tv tuner. It didnt work in dapper, not in edgy, but yesterday, decided to give it a try, maybe it was my new mobo , maybe feisty, but it ran purr-fectly!

tvtime: High quality video for Linux

now i can watch tv on linux as well :D

now to figure out how to make the darn remote work :mad:

Did you have to do any other configuration at all? Like change the card and tuner arguments for the saa7134 module? If so could you paste that line here or tell me what you used? Otherwise if you could attach a pastebin of your dmesg would be great Im having some audio problems on my saa7134 and maybe your settings might help.

the saa7134 is *supposed* to have an audio over PCI interface, but it doesnt. An saa7134 device does show up among my audio devices , but its useless. i use a cd audio cable to connect my tuner's internal audio out to my mobo's cd in.

ironically, the saa7131 , which doesnt have audio over PCI ( at least according to its datasheet) in my pctv110i actually gets audio thru the pci bus in my dad's rig

i didnt have to mess with anything. just installed tvtime, ran tvtime-scanner, and that was it :D

Back