Ultimate Boot CD

~HeadShot~

Skilled
Mar 15, 2005
Ultimate Boot CD is completely free for download.

You need the Ultimate Boot CD if you want to:

*Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are shipped without floppy drives these days, and it is such a royal pain when you need to run diagnostic tools on them.

*Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you do have a floppy drive, it is still much much faster to run your diagnostic tools from the CDROM drive, rather than wait for the tool to load from the floppy drive.

*Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn't you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!

When you boot up from the CD, a text-based menu will be displayed, and you will be able to select the tool you want to run. The selected tool actually boots off a virtual floppy disk created in memory.
What is UBCD for Windows®??

UBCD4Win is a bootable CD which contains software that allows you to repair/restore/diagnostic almost any computer problem. All software included in UBCD4Win are freeware utilities for Windows®. UBCD4Win uses Bart's PE© which is how the CD boots into a Windows® environment. With network support, the ability to modify NTFS volumes, scan a hard drive for viruses, recover deleted files, etc. this project is everything you need to repair your system problems. There are many other types of utilities included to allow you to recover and/or repair a damaged system. Additional applications included are CD Burning, Backup/cloning, Defragmenter's, Password recovery, the list goes on!! Please visit the "List of Tools" page for a complete list of what is included in the latest version of the project.
There are several requirements for building this CD which can and may make it difficult for novices to successfully build the project. Please understand that these requirements and restrictions are due to copyright laws, etc. When starting this project I wanted it to be as easy as possible. I wanted it to be a simple ISO file download just like the original Ultimate Boot CD. I had to weigh the ease of build and functionality very carefully. I decided after much thought and research to use Bart's PE©. But that decision required a different type of build and more steps for the end user. Yes more complicated, but I prefer to think of these additional steps in a positive way. I provide detailed instructions, email support, and the forum for help. Inexperienced users will feel a sense of accomplishment and gain knowledge when they successfully build the CD.

How did this project start?

This project was started because of requests from members of the original Ultimate Boot CD yahoo group. Several members wanted a "Windows®" version of an Ultimate Boot CD. After a few days no one had volunteered so I decided I might have enough time for this.
On April 2, 2004 the UBCDWindows group was created. The first few weeks consisted mostly of discussions on how to accomplish this, what should be included, and searching for great stuff. After searching and reading a lot of web pages I finally decided to use Bart's PE©.
One of the first issues I saw was one of the requirements for Bart's PE©, an XP CD with SP1. I personally had upgraded to XP right when it came out so I did not have SP1 on my XP CD. I found several solutions for this issue but manually slipstreaming required several applications and would add more complexity to the project. A better solution was created and is discussed below.
April 20, 2004 was an exciting day for me, I launched this site. After a few days of getting everything setup I realizing it was easy to setup a forum. So I announced the imminent closing of the yahoo group and requested that everyone join the forum.
The slipstreaming problem needed addressed so I contacted one of my friends that is a programmer. Raptor was glad to help and we started working together on creating a slipstreaming application. We worked pretty hard for several weeks creating the application. Well, he did all the coding work and I just helped with testing, minor details, and the dialogue for the prompts. On July 9, 2004 we released AutoStreamer 1.0!!