Ultra120 and HR-05

nukeu666

Skilled
I dedicate my rig to TE since most of it has been bought from the market here over the last few months :D

Out with the old shit

Cleaning Apparatus

The fan, The paste and the Timepass

Paste ON!!!

Before fan Attachment

After fan attachment

Finished product in my P180 cabby (lucky it all fitted in)

Is the air flow from HS going towards Power Supply ? I dont think it is a good idea to have the Heatsink throw air to the power supply.... the power supply will heat up. I can see that you will run into problems with the Chip cooler if you turn the U120 by 90 degrees.... :p

I am not able to use my HR-05 SLI cooler on my A8N-E board as the HR-03 PLUS 8800 cooler is blocking access to the northbridge chip :(

You did not get Acetone from Merck ?

Thats the reason i dropped the purchase of HR05 sli.

Its ok to use it on SB on 680i boards. But on NB it is problem with big coolers.

And even if you rotate the U 120 a bit the HR 05 still does not get enough air and is very close to backside of the GPU which itself gets pretty hot.

Went in for simple ghetto mod and added 40mm fan over NB heatsink.

Funky said:
Went in for simple ghetto mod and added 40mm fan over NB heatsink.

Pictures PLEASE !!!
pictureflash2bz.gif

I taped it :p

There is double sided tape in the center of the fan and also some insulating tape on the side.

Eazy said:
Is the air flow from HS going towards Power Supply ? I dont think it is a good idea to have the Heatsink throw air to the power supply.... the power supply will heat up. I can see that you will run into problems with the Chip cooler if you turn the U120 by 90 degrees.... :p

His PSU is not up, its down. Its P180 :p

Funky said:
I taped it :p
There is double sided tape in the center of the fan and also some insulating tape on the side.

His PSU is not up, its down. Its P180 :p

Tapes leak and leave sticky goo behind...specially when in enviorments like warm computer cases....

Ooops... of course the PSU is down in a P180 .... :ashamed: .. but I still feel it is better to have HS's turned so fan can blow warm air out of the case from fan hole in the back...

Eazy said:
Escuse me whilst I take my foot out of my mouth :no:

hehe
the middle fan is sucking air from below and blowing it towards the top fan across the u120
will adding a plastic sleeve kind of thingie from the middle fan to hr05 make it behave like semi-active cooling for northbridge?
cheapduct.jpg

congrats pal :D

have fun :eek:hyeah:

the Antec P180 looks stuffed & crappy now :no:

better change it to a CM Stacker 830 Evo next time you have money :p

*hides under blanket

Back