UMI X2 Quadcore @ 14000

This is a 7 month old thread, but since it has been bumped up I just thought I'd put in a relevant reply from another thread regarding the same, just in case someone is toying with the idea -

@raksrules, The story of UMI X2 is that I paid 500 in March 2013 as a booking amount, then I was told in 1st week of May 2013 to deposit the remaining amount 13,500 which I didn't deposit but many did. (Delivery Promise by 25th May 2013) (First while booking they said it'd be COD for the remaining amount, which wasn't the case) Visiting UMI India's FB page was the first thing in the morning for the people those who have paid the remaining amount, it'd didn't come till 1st week of July 2013 even after daily promises and people's curses, abuses to the UMI India FB Admin (No phone or customer support on listed number on FB page). Then started the refund process saying that whoever wants the refund can have it, (Only 13,500 which were paid at later stage and not the 500 preliminary booking amount)(No news of phone at that stage).

To summarize the whole episode 3 things happened:-
1) People who have paid the money(13,500, forget about Rs.500) got the refund after 2-3 months.
2) Few People got the phone after 2-3 months of the payment.
3) People still waiting for the phone or refund even now. www.facebook.com/umimobile :)

The funny thing in this whole scenario was that even after seeing the fate of early bookers / Payers / customers, New customers were still paying amount for the phone in June, July 2013 due to the mouth watering specs.

Back