Unable to connect router in Bridge Mode

metalsnake

Disciple
Hi Everyone,

I need to connect a second router (Netgear R6400 v2 ) to my existing Airtel Fiber Device, model AOT 4221 SR wirelessly; without using ethernet. I have tried setting up Netgear in bridge mode as I have done the same before when I used to have a Jio Fiber connection and it was very easy to setup by just following the steps in Netgear Manual. However, when I try to repeat the same process and connect to Airtel Xstream Device using bridge mode on Netgear router, upon enabling Bridge mode bricks the Airtel Device every time and I have to reset Airtel Device to resume Internet connection. It looks like a DHCP server/IP conflict as I was able to access internet for few seconds on Netgear router while in bridge mode before airtel device stops responding. Can anyone please advice how to fix this issue. Let me know if you need screenshots of a particular setting on the router so that I can upload it here.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
AJ

Which router were you using for Jio? Do you still have that router?

Wireless repeater function works best with similar brand/model routers. Your experience may vary with dis-similar routers. You did not say which router you were using with the Jio fibre, assuming it is not the AOT 4221 SR. Since otherwise there would be no need to re(configure) the repeater function on the Netgear R6400? Please be aware that wireless repeater will half your wifi bandwidth if the router does not have dual radios.

Thank you for your input, it seems the issue is with Airtel device as Airtel have bridge mode disabled on all their devices by default. I wasted a week going back and forth with their customer support and they still couldn't enable bridge mode, I decided it was not worth the hassle. Unfortunately there are no other ISP's at my location and I can't switch. I purchased a Dual band PCIe WIFI card to connect the PC for now.

Thank you for your input, it seems the issue is with Airtel device as Airtel have bridge mode disabled on all their devices by default. I wasted a week going back and forth with their customer support and they still couldn't enable bridge mode, I decided it was not worth the hassle. Unfortunately there are no other ISP's at my location and I can't switch. I purchased a Dual band PCIe WIFI card to connect the PC for now.
BTW what happened to the old Jio router? Maybe you could chain that to the Airtel? Cause that worked well before.

Is it nokia router that airtel gives as it has also one single port that can be bridged...i think it is the 4th port.....if it is nokia ask airtel to upgrade the router first

BTW what happened to the old Jio router? Maybe you could chain that to the Airtel? Cause that worked well before.
Yes I still have Jio Device but I already have the PCIe card installed and working for now. Maybe i will use it for something else in the future if required.
Is it nokia router that airtel gives as it has also one single port that can be bridged...i think it is the 4th port.....if it is nokia ask airtel to upgrade the router first
It is actually the latest one from Airtel Model Sercomm AOT-4221SR and it is worse then Nokia router. Also, I wanted to bridge wirelessly and they straight away denied my request to add my own 2nd router stating that they don't allow bridge mode.

Yes I still have Jio Device but I already have the PCIe card installed and working for now. Maybe i will use it for something else in the future if required.

It is actually the latest one from Airtel Model Sercomm AOT-4221SR and it is worse then Nokia router. Also, I wanted to bridge wirelessly and they straight away denied my request to add my own 2nd router stating that they don't allow bridge mode.
Don't know what the hell these isp's keep doing.

Back