Unable to delete blank directory/folders. Tools from internet are virus infected.

Futureized

Skilled
As shown in attachment, there were blank directories when downloaded.
Now unable to delete this entire folder on windows 10.
Tried some tools from internet but most are virus infected

Any suggestion/solution ?

Attachments

• QXTFF8Am4N.png
    QXTFF8Am4N.png
    21 KB · Views: 72
Edit -

Have you tried using powershell/cmd?

Is the drive bit locker encrypted?

If not, load up a bootable version of Ubuntu on a USB stick, navigate to the folder and try.

You might have to add an entry in fstab to mount NTFS shares. There's plenty of advice on the internet for that.

Edit -

Have you tried using powershell/cmd?

Is the drive bit locker encrypted?

If not, load up a bootable version of Ubuntu on a USB stick, navigate to the folder and try.

You might have to add an entry in fstab to mount NTFS shares. There's plenty of advice on the internet for that.
Not bit locker encrypted.
IS there any easier solution apart from bootable option ?

If you have already tried and failed with powershell, I don't know anything else personally.

If not, open powershell as Admin, cd to the directory and ls -l to list all files and folders and try rm on the directory or rm the parent directory. (Will lose other files and folders inside the parent directory)

If it posts an error, please let us know the exact error.

If you have already tried and failed with powershell, I don't know anything else personally.

If not, open powershell as Admin, cd to the directory and ls -l to list all files and folders and try rm on the directory or rm the parent directory. (Will lose other files and folders inside the parent directory)

Thanks for quick reply
Powershell not working too , getting following error:

Attachments

• powershell_ise_85gee7SLYD.png
    powershell_ise_85gee7SLYD.png
    273 KB · Views: 57
  • powershell_ise_PuKJuDFl1C.png
    powershell_ise_PuKJuDFl1C.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 52
Some hidden process is taking over explorer on this part..try to explore in task manager or process explorer.
in Malware bytes is our solution..

Try this:
  1. Left click once on that folder
  2. Press F2
  3. Rename to something
  4. Then delete it

If that doesn't work:
  1. open CMD in the 0.4.0 directory
  2. Type this exactly or copy paste: rename " (yes just one double quote)
  3. Press Tab key
  4. Press Space
  5. Type new dir name
  6. Press Enter

Last edited:
As shown in attachment, there were blank directories when downloaded.
Now unable to delete this entire folder on windows 10.
Tried some tools from internet but most are virus infected

Any suggestion/solution ?
I remember using IObit Unlocker or IObit Folder Unlocker for this. It always worked without any issues. Give it a try.

Download it from official source or from any trusted website, yet run it thought VirusTotal once, although it might show false positives as it searches for and kills the processes which are stopping you from deleting the folder.

Unlocker is a nice little free app to delete files/folders locked by system. I have used it in the past and it worked great. Note that It is not from IObit and it is virus free.
Also according to this article, you can boot in safe mode and then delete the locked folder.

I remember using IObit Unlocker or IObit Folder Unlocker for this. It always worked without any issues. Give it a try.

Download it from official source or from any trusted website, yet run it thought VirusTotal once, although it might show false positives as it searches for and kills the processes which are stopping you from deleting the folder.

Unlocker is a nice little free app to delete files/folders locked by system. I have used it in the past and it worked great. Note that It is not from IObit and it is virus free.
Also according to this article, you can boot in safe mode and then delete the locked folder.
Thanks guys, unlocker did the work..
Had to reboot once and folder was deleted.

Attachments

• Unlocker_0y3NWRbPI5.png
    Unlocker_0y3NWRbPI5.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 30
Thanks guys, unlocker did the work..
Had to reboot once and folder was deleted.
Make sure your PC is still not infected with the virus, otherwise things will be back to how they were soon enough. You want to download multiple antivirus programs and scan your whole PC through each of them one by one while in safe mode. Search on google/youtube on how to enable windows safe mode if you don't know how to.
I recommend hitman pro trial version, malwarebytes, adwcleaner (not antivirus but helps).

Make sure your PC is still not infected with the virus, otherwise things will be back to how they were soon enough. You want to download multiple antivirus programs and scan your whole PC through each of them one by one while in safe mode. Search on google/youtube on how to enable windows safe mode if you don't know how to.
I recommend hitman pro trial version, malwarebytes, adwcleaner (not antivirus but helps).
Downloaded from softpedia, so dont need to worry :)

Back