Audio Unable to install the audio drivers for ASUS Maximus Formula :(

channabasanna

Disciple
Hi All,

For the past few days my system was showing a strange behaviour. It suddenly used to disable the Sound Card when the system is started with the Router and Modem (BSNL) being on. I did try to restart the system with the net connection disabled and the sound was coming fine. This happened 2 days ago. Same issue had come around a week or 10 days ago.

Now today it is not able to show the sound card. So i did uninstall the SoundMAX application and restarted my PC. Now when i try to install the driver it is showing me the following error. How much ever i try
sounddrivererror.jpg

The Device Manager for Sound and its sub had only Audio Codes, Video Codes, Legacy Audio Drivers and another of Legacy. In Normal mode i was not able to uninstall these from the Device Manager, so i did uninstall them from Safe Mode using Administrator privileges.

Now the Sound related options is not displayed in the Device Manager nor am i able to install the driver again. Please let me know what to do. I even tried downloading the latest drivers from ASUS support website but of no use. I do not want to reinstall the OS untill and unless it is the only solution.

I am using Windows XP SP3 32 bit with latest updates, Motherboard is ASUS Maximus Formula (Intel X38 chipset) and Sound Card is the one provided along with the motherboard. (complete system info is in my signature)

Please do help me, i am really fed up of this issue.

Thanks in Advance,
Channabasanna S

[attachment=7750:13914.attach]

Attachments

• soundDriverError.jpg
    soundDriverError.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 94
check under the device manager if your sound card is detected, or is there any device like "PCI unknown device" or smething

I did not find anything related to Unknown device in the Device Manager. After uninstalling the Codecs & Drivers from Safe Mode for Sound, Video and Game controllers i am not even seeing that section in there, may be i might try to Remove the sound card and place it again. Prior to uninstalling the codes & drivers i was not able to see anything related to SoundMAX in the device manager.

You are not able to uninstall properly it seems. Can you see if DriverSweeper pulls up the SoundMax drivers..? Also try Revo Uninstaller.

why could your install win 7 that u never face any drive problem :p cause windows xp is old and outdated that they need bugger drives ;)

Back