Unable to play Crysis and other games at 1080p

Hi guys,

Im having a slight issue with my benq E2200 HD, for games such as crysis, hawx i am unable to set the resolution to 1920*1080, the maximum i am able to play the game is at 1680*1050, whereas COD series I am able to max out at 1080p.

Is this a video cable issue (I use DVI cable) or a video card/driver issue (i use a 4870 x2).

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot

Even i was shocked when i couldnt find the last resolution in crysis was 1680 x 1050 :p but later i realised that there is a very very small scroll bar which shows the other higher resolutions :rofl:
It is a scrollable menu,which you wont realize at first instance :p
check again .

anyways my HD 4850 would go down on it's knees ...so i play it on 1680 x 1050 ..with high settings.. I get around 30 fps .
since you have a 4870 X2 you should be able to play at 1080p and all max settings :hap2:

some games do run at 1920*1080, i use a dvi cable should use another cable, when I connect an HDMI cable the dekstop is not displayed to the full size of the screen

daviescool said:
Yes i realized it was a scroll bar menu and i did select 1920*1080, but the monitor goes blank and reverts back to the previous resolution
Could be an issue with the refresh rate, check to see the maximum possible refresh rate of the monitor at the highest resolution 1080p, should probably be 60Hz. The game is probably trying to run at a refresh rate higher than that.

Back