|UnBoxing|MSI N460GTX HWAK "Talon Attack"

|UnBoxing|MSI N460GTX HAWK "Talon Attack"

MSI N460GTX HAWK "Talon Attack"
logo.jpg

MSI's GTX 460 HAWK "Talon Attack" is the company's flagship GeForce GTX 460 model, and the equivalent of the "Lightning" series which is used on high-end cards like the N480GTX Lightning . As thermal solution, MSI's well established Twin Frozr II cooler is working on top of a fully custom designed PCB. MSI has selected clock speeds of 811 MHz core and 975 MHz memory for their card, which is in the upper half of the available out-of-the-box overclocks from all board partners (some go as high as 850 MHz). But the feature list does not end here. Instead of only GPU voltage you can change three voltages on the MSI GTX 460 HAWK "Talon Attack", which is a first. Another voltmodder-friendly feature is the addition of voltage measure points for the three voltages (GPU,MEMORY,PLL)that can be modded.

MSI's GTX 460 HAWK "Talon Attack" is the refinement of earlier released GTX 460 HAWK with faster GDDR5 on board .It can be well overclocked above a reference /nvidia designed GTX 460

| GeForce GTX 460 | MSI GTX 460 HAWK | MSI GTX 460 HAWK "Talon Attack" Shader units |
336​
|
336​
|
336​
|

ROPs |
|
|
|

GPU |
GF104​
|
GF104​
|
GF104​
|

Transistors |
1950M​
|
1950M​
|
1950M​
|

Memory Size |
1024 MB​
|
1024 MB​
|
1024 MB​
|

Memory Bus Width |
256 bit​
|
256 bit​
|
256 bit​
|

Core Clock |
675 MHz​
|
781 MHz​
|
811 MHz​
|

Memory Clock |
900 MHz​
|
900 MHz​
|
975 MHz​
|

Un-Boxing

Front
package1.jpg

Back
package2.jpg

100_3478.jpg

100_3479.jpg

Front
100_3486.jpg

Back
100_3519.jpg

IO /2x DVI Ports & a Mini-HDMI Port
100_3524.jpg

2x PCI-Express power adapter & Voltage measurement cables
100_3484.jpg

Driver CD ,Quick Install Guide ,DVI adapter to VGA & Mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter
100_3482.jpg

All the Goodies here ..... :D

This were it gets interesting ...

100_3521.jpg

100_3506.jpg

The GDDR5 memory chips are made by Hynix, and carry the model number H5GQ1H24AFR-T2C. They are specified to run at 1250 MHz (5000 MHz GDDR5 effective).Personally I was not expecting a highly overclock-able Hynix GDDR5,I was expecting SAMSUNG ... its a surprise.
vreg.jpg

MSI is using the uP 6213 for their design which seems to have the functionality required to control the three voltages MSI is offering. On the left of the voltage regulator you find a pair of DIP switches that let you optimize the PWM frequency. Near the bottom edge of the PCB MSI has placed six LEDs that show a bar graph of the current draw of the card (amps, representing GPU load).​

GPUz info
gt460.jpg

Mates U would be thinking ,I should overclock & do some benching ;)

I need more time ,I received it yesterday only & MSI afterburner received with was expired

Hope u like Un-Boxing this :)

Thanks to MSI & SMC International for this beast :p

____

IDLE
460temps.jpg

LOAD

460tempsvantage.jpg

Temps are great ,Im loving it :cool:

460OC900a.jpg

Afterburner 2.1/2.0 ** is buggy... the voltage sometimes is applied & sometimes with the same setting drivers crash

Default Vantage 811/1622/1950

460p17300.jpg

Default Voltage OC 850/1700/2240

460p18108.jpg

OCed to max at 1.087v using Afterburner 1.6.1

460p19101.jpg

As its noticed that ,there not difference in in sing AB 1.6.1 or 2.0 or 2.1 * ,the main reason i bought this is its memory .I'm dissapointed ....

Note:
I have noticed the VRM area getting very hot that too includes memory VRM & an added high speed GDDR5 is still not overclockable to the max ,the Afterburner provided with the card is non functional provided to the " World's First Triple Voltage Control " ... :chair::cursing:
It may be a software or may be a bios bug ... it needs to be reviewed MSI !!!

congrats man :D MSI said that in the announcement itself that this has a lower latency memory. mine also just arrived today. finally I can play some games decently ;)

waiting for more content from you.

_

By mistake i clicked submit button ,so there's more to come ................

No issues u can always say "Edit Post" and add content..just kidding:bleh::D

Awesome card and happy gaming bro...:cool2:

teja92 said:
Congratz dude
Enjoy ;)
THnX

DigitalDude said:
congrats man :D MSI said that in the announcement itself that this has a lower latency memory. mine also just arrived today. finally I can play some games decently ;)

waiting for more content from you.

Have a look in main post

_
kaneunderground said:
How will i get to know is it talon version or normal hawk without opening the box?? both cost 14k right ?
soumalidon said:
it is mentioned on the box as "talon version"

that's right ,thnx

thegame said:
By mistake i clicked submit button ,so there's more to come ................

No issues u can always say "Edit Post" and add content..just kidding:bleh::D

Awesome card and happy gaming bro...:cool2:
Gaming little but mainly benching .... :)
So how many of the members have ordered this ???

Next

Dumping "i2cd" afterburner does show max voltage 1.213 but when u set it like that it sets back to 1.087 ... will max it out with " Fermi Bios Editor "

Lets see if i could touch mysterious 1000MHz ability .....

kaneunderground said:
I dont see it in the box its mention behind the card. .
yup u r right man ! :p

hash said:
What was the price of this card ? What does TRIPLE VOLTAGE actually help in ? More OC? More stable OC?
I was able to reach 950/1100 ,more than that drivers fail & yes it OC's better than any GTX460

With out any volt adjustment through AB i can reach upto 880 ,so its a nice card :)

moksh4u2 said:
awesome stuff
i just got my card
its wicked
cant wait to get it up and running
:)

Yes man show me some of its capabilities .YGPM

kaneunderground said:
I dont see it in the box its mention behind the card. .
the next batch will have it mentioned on the front of the box as seen on msi's website.

five_pictures1_20101005184911.jpg

@vivek
the afterburner is still in beta, so just wait till MSI get's their act straight. and I'm a chicken :ashamed: when it comes to OC so did'nt try anything. but have to say the temps are so low and I don't hear any sound except my 3 case fans :eek:hyeah:
_

Thanks digital dude. . I asked because here in some shops in sp road they dt allow u to open boxes if opened u gotta buy it. . Can this thing really hit 1ghz ? Pretty sure it wil blow. .

Back