Unlock/Activate iPhone 4

I bought an iPhone 4 with gevey SIM. I am getting an error message No SIM Found, Please insert sim with no pin... Now I have a Gevey Ultra along with the phone but how do I get it to boot?
I dont even know the firmware on the phone. Read that you need to install Cydia... and jailbreak it and than once booted you can insert Gevey sim. But the point is that I dont wnat to jailbreak it. I thought the whole point of Gevey sim was not to jailbreak the phone. I have read horror stories of phones being bricked while jailbreaking. Looking for someone to explain to me in detail what to do. Is jailbreaking the only option? How do I know what firmware I have? What are the steps?

yeah, i think Ultra sim does need a jailbreak and a demon to be installed for it to work.. but you shouldn't worry about jailbreaking.. The tools available these days are pretty much error proof and one cant really brick an iPhone.

First of all you should go to settings>About and find out whats your ios version and the modem firmware version. We can then probably help you with the jailbreak in a safe way.

No one can help a fellow Techenclavian?? Called Ankit, he suggested snowbreeze as well. But which version of Snowbreeze? I dont even know my firmware. Can I just go with any Snowbreeze. Cant someone explain in detail in a meaningful way without one-liners like do this and go figure.... I need support. Tried tinyumbrela, no luck did so many things, I need HELP!

I have an Apple IPhone 4 un-activated. I am not in USA and therefore dont have a SIM to activate it. When I plug the phone to my Windows 7 machine the phone shows up firmware of 4.3.3. I followed the Snowbreeze 2.7.3 to jailbreak and hactivate my handset but even after changing the host file I get error 3041… I am now stuck. I dont know what to do? Has apple stopped activating 4.3.3.
Can I use the latest snowbreeze and will this hacktivate as well as upgrade my device to ios 5 beta 7? I dont mind tethered boot, but I do mind not having the phone working at all. Also do I have to do anything to save the SHSH blobs or just use the latest Snowbreeze. Any advise is helpful.

If no one can help here, can someone advise which forum is best for IPHONE 4 information about hacktivating?

OK I did some Googling and found whats wrong with your phone.

To cut it short your same problem is being faced by many users worldwide and there is no clear solution to this except to get a new sim card which worked for some of them

Now getting to each part of your problem:

iphone throwing error message of "No SIM Found, Please insert sim with no pin" :

This happens when you update your iphone from 4.3.1 or 4.x.x to 4.3.3

Many users on jailbreaking forums and apples official forums are experiencing this and the solution is only the one sated above

The links to Apples Disscusion Forums is here

Now for error 3041(isn't it 3014, please cross-check):

Anyway apples official help states that error codes above 3000 code are related host files and low space on the drive(on which itunes is installed). As you have checked host file try freeing up disk and and use latest version of itunes

Here is the link to the website which focuses on jailbreaking and iphone: Redmondpie

Some more useful links:

Link 1:If you miraculously get past no sim card error follow this

Link 2: For jailbreaking iphone 4 on 4.3.3

So there you have it, a reply which is not one liner!!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Finally after some more Googling around I found a sort of a solution:

I am assuming that the sim card that came with your iphone is not of India so you cant get a new one

So try this or this

Best of luck!!!

Thanks all, none of the above solutions worked butI was able to fix my issue and now my phone is booted :). Anyone facing this issue should not that 4.3.4 and below firmware are no longer signed by Apple. So unless your phone was already JB'd and you have the SHSH blobs you can no longer run the Snowbreeze to hactivate 4.3.3.

In my case my phone was already unlocked but its just that I needed a US carrier SIM to activate the device which is not available in India.

techcheat said:
Thanks all, none of the above solutions worked butI was able to fix my issue and now my phone is booted :). Anyone facing this issue should not that 4.3.4 and below firmware are no longer signed by Apple. So unless your phone was already JB'd and you have the SHSH blobs you can no longer run the Snowbreeze to hactivate 4.3.3.

In my case my phone was already unlocked but its just that I needed a US carrier SIM to activate the device which is not available in India.

Did you try the Tutorial on how to create a Sighed IPSW? It works and that how a friend of mine, downgraded his Brand new iPhone 4 32GB. The issue was exactly the same as yours. So he got it down to 4.3.3 and the rest was sn0wbreeze and Tiny umbrella.

Back