Upgaring My NAS

JayMathers

Diablo's Rapier
Disciple
Hi All
Upgraded my NAS BOX's MOBO from Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 To ASUS P8H77-I.
Reason being that I was not able to use full potential (5x 3.5" HDD Capacity) of my Lian-Li PC-Q25B as the GigaByte Mobo has only 4 SATA Connectivity Ports. For all DIY NAS Projects, ASUS P8H77-I is a great option. And here is what sits inside My NAS BOX Now.

ASUS P8H77-I
Intel i3 2100
Corsair 2x4GB Vengance @ 1600MHz CL9
Prolimateck Samuel 17
OCZ Agility 3 120GB (Boot)
4x2TB WD Green 64MB Cache (Storage)
CM Silent Pro 500W

Base OS Windows 7 + Free-NAS (Virtualized).

_DSC9163.jpg

_DSC9166.jpg

_DSC9167.jpg

_DSC9168.jpg

_DSC9169.jpg

_DSC9170.jpg

_DSC9172.jpg

_DSC9173.jpg

Ordered MOBO Through SHOPABROADONLINE, 8.8K In Damages. Dying to get my hands on BitFenix Prodigy, Don't Know When It Will Be Available.

GODSPEED

Hey, we have a Indian retailer who deals with Bit-Fenix enclosures. He used to be a regd. dealer before, not anymore. Goes by the ID Phoenix. He used to import Lian Li cases before. Not sure if you can recall him. He isn't active on the forums right now. Resides in Bombay. Shall pass you the details over mail/FB later if you don't have it.

And yeah many congrats on the NAS!

Hey, we have a Indian retailer who deals with Bit-Fenix enclosures. He used to be a regd. dealer before, not anymore. Goes by the ID Phoenix. He used to import Lian Li cases before. Not sure if you can recall him. He isn't active on the forums right now. Resides in Bombay. Shall pass you the details over mail/FB later if you don't have it.

And yeah many congrats on the NAS!

Thanks for the efforts, much appreciated. :)

Loving the motherboard - mini-ITX with 6 SATA ports, USB 3 and PCI-E slot! Very very good for an HTPC setup too. If my current HTPC lasts a few months, I will definitely go for this when I upgrade. Will be able to fit in my 6670 in nicely too.

Thanks for sharing and congrats! Killer setup! :)

That is one neat NAS Box you have there, many congrats!! I did have a word with Phoenix recently, the BitFenix Prodigy will be available next month. I also love that case, looks so darn compact. :)

Loving the motherboard - mini-ITX with 6 SATA ports, USB 3 and PCI-E slot! Very very good for an HTPC setup too. If my current HTPC lasts a few months, I will definitely go for this when I upgrade. Will be able to fit in my 6670 in nicely too.

Thanks for sharing and congrats! Killer setup! :)

Thanks, If you do not want to build NAS (More HDD), then go for Zotac H77, comes with Wi-Fi and had Heat-Sinks on VRMs, so its a sturdy MOBO for Near No Airflow Rigs.

That is one neat NAS Box you have there, many congrats!! I did have a word with Phoenix recently, the BitFenix Prodigy will be available next month. I also love that case, looks so darn compact. :)

Great News, Been following it on NewEgg, and it keeps getting out of stock the moment it is open for buying. Its really in demand.

Back