CPU/Mobo upgrade Cpu Motherboard and ram

thanks to u guys i built 2 systems this month and finally upgrading myself

Q: What is your budget?

• 25k (max 30k only if its worth it)

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• CPU - Q6600 @3.5ghz
  • Motherboard - gigabyte EP31-DS3l
  • GPU - ATI 5870
  • RAM - Transcend 2X2GB PC6400
  • Monitor - Dell 2409
  • SMPS - Corsair TX750
  • HDD- WD 1TB black edition

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• Monitor - Dell 2409
  • SMPS - Corsair VX750
  • HDD- WD 1TB black edition
  • GPU - ATI 5870

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• CPU - i5 3570k
  • Motherboard
  • Ram 4X4

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Bangalore

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

• Gaming

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Full HD
Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• please advice me is it really worth the extra expense to buy a expensive mother board to overclock... ???

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7 64 bit

if overclocking is not that much worth i can save the money and buy a normal good mother board right and in future think of changing it??please advice

If you are happy with stock performance of a machine for ~2 -->3 years, then no need to spend on over-clocking and get the following components --

Intel Core i5 3570 ~13500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3000/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/-

If you want to over-clock then go for the following --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~15000/- + Cooler Master V6GT ~3600/- OR Thermalright Silver Arrow ~4200/-
GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H ~13000/-
[rest components all same]

The final choice is yours, whether you want to go for a over-clock capable system (and over-shoot your budget by ~7000/- INR) OR will you be fine with a stock clock system for the next four years.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

@ALPHA17 which motherboard should i get for ocing GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H or ASUS P8Z77-M PRO please advice

GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H over the ASUS motherboard.

Also for the cabinet, go for the Corsair Carbide 400R.

Sorry could not get back to the post earlier as I had no internet connection. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALPHA17 I got the i5 3570 8gb ram the 4.5k gigabyte mother board and a corsair 200r total came to 23000 Hugh performance improvement

@ALPHA17 Thanks to you I've built 3 lovely computers this month.. and this last one was for myself. Hugh improvement in gaming every possible shutter disappearing feels like a totally new experience.. Thank you

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356427415545.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356427415545.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 63
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356427586341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356427586341.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 59
Congratulations @psdatta2005, hope the RIG's serve you well in the coming years and a Merry Christmas and Happy, Prosperous and Healthy New Year. Cheerio!

Back