Upgrade current system - Gaming / HD Movies

sn4k382

Disciple
1. Q: What is your budget?
25-30k

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
1. CPU - Intel C2Q Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz
2. Motherboard - Intel DP35DP
3. GPU - ATI 4850 1GB
4. RAM - Kingston 2X2GB 800Mhz
5. Monitor - Dell U2410
6. SMPS - Corsair VX450

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
1. Monitor - Dell U2410
2. Need advice on the current setup? Is it good enough for now and wait for sometime? Should I upgrade only some stuff? Currently I am able to play games at MAX resolution and high/medium setting, but Witcher 2 bought the system down to its knees. Also how will it fare for future games like Rage, BF3 etc

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
1. CPU
2. Motherboard
3. GPU
4. RAM
5. Power Supply
6. Again will need advice

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Final for quite sometime

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. Bangalore
2. Open to online purchase

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Yes

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Gaming
2. Browsing
3. Desktop Processing
4. Download rig, 24x7 operation
5. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
I usually play all kind of games :)

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1. Gaming - 1920X1200 but willing to compromise for some games
2. Desktop - 1920X1200

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Upgrade after few months when bulldozer processors would release... But if you cant wait till september then buy

i5 2400 ~ 9300
MSI H67MA-E35 ~ 4600
Corsair Value DDR3 1333MHz CL9 1x4Gb ~ 1950
MSI HD6850 Cyclone PE ~ 9800
Your current psu would suffice for this rig but if you want to buy a better psu and gpu then sell you current psu for 2.5k and buy MSI HD6950 2Gb Twin Frozr III PE/OC ~ 15500 + Corsair VX550 ~ 4600

Thanks for the quick reply.

Any idea what kind of drop would we see in sandy bridge price once bulldozer comes out? And any recommendations if i want an Nvidia card?

Any idea what kind of drop would we see in sandy bridge price once bulldozer comes out?

Can't say now... you would only get to see price cuts on Intel CPUs if bulldozer CPUs would perform better than Intel current cpu lineup...

And any recommendations if i want an Nvidia card?

buy MSI N560GTX-Ti Twinfrozr II/OC ~ 14.2k or MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk ~ 14.7k

Back