Car & Bike Upgrade suggestions over P220

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
Hey guys,

I own a P220 Dtsi 2009 model. I love the power of the bike, but i seriously hate the petty part issues this bike keeps giving me.

History : Started on a P150 ug3 - rode it for 4 and half years. Sold it bought this P220 in 09 - first P220 Dtsi bike in my locality :p (Big mistake though, the first batch was a beta and had a lot of part issues)

Been riding this bike everyday to work. Its good and has enough power to overtake quickly, etc, etc... But riding it over 4 years has sort of got me bored.

What would be the resale value considering the condition to be 7/10 and what options do i have as reasonably priced upgrades?

I absolutely love the ninja 250 and am yet to ride a cbr 250 (so can't comment on that), but a question i have is, are these bikes a worthy upgrade over the bajaj researched 219cc engine?

Personally i believe that the P220 engine is an awesome package of torque, power delivery and top end hungry appetite. Ninja lacks the initial torque but is a killer if you open the throttle.

Kindly suggest! I will be selling this bike and then upgrading to a second hand bike. I love the sport styled bikes, so no RE's. But at the same time want something that looks impressive and rides better than the P220.

Suggestions Appreciated :)

Can hardly think over anything other than the Duke 390.
But if you dont mind spending a bit more moolah on the Ninja then i guess you should take that as it satisfies your taste for sport specd bikes.
Duke 390 i believe would be a bit more of a loose cannon because of its power and also the open looks are not to everyone's fancy. I personally love the VFM aspect of it but I am currently waiting for the RC390. So if you can wait i do suggest you that.

Can hardly think over anything other than the Duke 390.
But if you dont mind spending a bit more moolah on the Ninja then i guess you should take that as it satisfies your taste for sport specd bikes.
Duke 390 i believe would be a bit more of a loose cannon because of its power and also the open looks are not to everyone's fancy. I personally love the VFM aspect of it but I am currently waiting for the RC390. So if you can wait i do suggest you that.

I too was stunned by the bike's pricing. I am not sure though when the RC version will be launched. The duke is a good machine too. Appreciate your suggestion :)

Alright pause and look at this. Take a bow Hero, Take a freakin bow

134144d1390997762-hero-hx250r-launched-31ps-liquid-cooled-engine-xbhp-news-dsc_9883.jpg

31 BHP in 138 kg!!!!!!!!!!!

Back