Budget 71-90K Upgrade

kRuSnIk

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i5 2400
    • Motherboard - Msi H61m-E23
    • GPU - Asus GTX 660Ti DC2
    • RAM - Corsair XMS3 4x2GB
    • Monitor - Benq e2200HD
    • SMPS - 500W
    • Cabinet - CM Elite 430
    • HDD - WD Blue 500GB / Seagate 500GB
    • Mouse - Corsair M60 | CM REcon | Roccat Kone Pure
    • Keyboard - Logitech K120
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • HDD - WD Blue 500GB
    • Mouse - Corsair M60 | CM REcon | Roccat Kone Pure
    • GPU - Asus GTX 660Ti DC2
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i7 4770
    • Motherboard - _____
    • Monitor - Benq XL2411T 144Hz Monitor
    • Cabinet - something like CM HAF XB | Corsair Air 540
    • SMPS - ______
    • RAM - 8GB
    • UPS - _______
    • Keyboard - Any cheap but reliable KB, will get a gaming keyboard in future
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • GPU - Another 660Ti in SLi or a High End GPU
    • Keyboard - Gaming KB
    • HDD- 256 GB SSD
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Patna
    • Open to online purchase [ Please suggest some good online retailers]
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming - 90%
    • Movie|Browsing|Other - 10%
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Any good, widely available brand for which I can get support in Patna. AFAIK Digicare centre is there in Patna.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS - Battfield 3 - Battlefield 4 - Battlefield X
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
    2. Desktop - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8 64 bit [Original]
Please, take following into consideration
  • Temperature here is quite high and the PC room has no AC. Therefore suggest a cabinet with good airflow and space. Will add liquid cooling if required, in future.
  • I would be upgrading my GPU as stated above. Therefore suggest a PSU accordingly.
  • Power here fluctuates a lot. Therefore, suggest UPS with inbuilt stabilizer or can I use UPS with stabilizer and surge protector ?

Processor - Intel 3.4 GHz LGA1150 4770 i7 4th Generation Processor - Flipkart.com 21.2k
Motherboard - ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Motherboard - Flipkart.com 12.6k
Power Supply - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2UK 850 Watts PSU - Flipkart.com 9.8k
RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB 2400 - Flipkart.com 7k

Keyboard - Logitech K100 Classic PS - Flipkart.com 0.4k

TOTAL - 51K

Leaves you 30k for your 3d monitor, cube cabinet and UPS.

First of all, I'd like to ask the reason you want to really upgrade? You have a very decent system and I do not think you really need an upgrade, especially considering you game at 1080p and no other intensive work.
If you still want to upgrade, an i7 4770 is a total waste of money just for gaming.

Which 500W PSU do you have?
What I would suggest you to do is get an SSD like Samsung 840 Pro 256GB and upgrade your PSU if it is not of a reputed brand. Upgrade your monitor to a nice IPS panel like Dell 2412.
As you mentioned, you can get a better cabinet and keyboard too.

Basically, what I mean to say is your primary components are good enough, you should look to spend more on the other components which will give you a better experience than simply upgrading your CPU/Mobo.

^ Exactly.
If i were you these are the things i would be looking at
HAF XB, PSU like seasonic x-series, an APC ups, Headset-Audiotechnica AD700, sound card-Creative X-fi titanium/xonar DG.
SSD and monitor suggested above. Mobo upgrade only if needed.
Corsair air 540 is not available yet (to my knowledge).

First of all, I'd like to ask the reason you want to really upgrade? You have a very decent system and I do not think you really need an upgrade, especially considering you game at 1080p and no other intensive work.
If you still want to upgrade, an i7 4770 is a total waste of money just for gaming.

Which 500W PSU do you have?
What I would suggest you to do is get an SSD like Samsung 840 Pro 256GB and upgrade your PSU if it is not of a reputed brand. Upgrade your monitor to a nice IPS panel like Dell 2412.
As you mentioned, you can get a better cabinet and keyboard too.

Basically, what I mean to say is your primary components are good enough, you should look to spend more on the other components which will give you a better experience than simply upgrading your CPU/Mobo.

I have given the system to my sister, therefore need new components. Taking everyone's suggestions into consideration, I've decided on the following
CPU - 4670k
Mobo - I've decided not to sli. Please, suggest a lower end Z87 based motherboard.
Case - Corsair 400R | air 540 is unavailable | HAF xb has air vents on sides without mesh. Will result in lot of dust getting in.
SMPS - Corsair HX750 | Seasonic X-750 (SS-750KM3)
RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M2A2400C10)
Monitor - Benq XL2411T - Have decided to go with it for a smoother gaming experience. I'll be getting a TV in future for multimedia needs.
UPS - APC BR1100C-IN
SSD - Samsung 840 128 GB

Modify as you see fit.

Back