Upgrading Eeebox pc

Aevukh

Disciple
I just bought an EeeBox PC EB1006, and I was think about making some tweaks to it.
My budget for the processor would be within $200-400 (US dollars), and a similar budget for the memory.
I was looking to replace the Intel Atom N270 (1.6 GHz) processor with an Intel Core i7-720QM Mobile Processor, and update the memory to accompany the processor change.
I am hoping to be able to use this for gaming, although not for extremely high-intensive games. More towards games like Battlefield Bad Company 2.
It comes with an ATI Radeon HD 4530.
I am not discriminate towards other brands for parts, it's just that I don't know that much about them (So far, I've been a simple consumer. Intel makes their name known).
I would be running Windows 7 64 bit on it.
I am open to buying from the TE forums, but I don't know how well shipping works going to the US.

More than anything, i would like to know if this setup would be viable. If not, then thanks for your time anyway.

Aevukh said:
More than anything, i would like to know if this setup would be viable. If not, then thanks for your time anyway.

I don't think so this would be possible. The i7 boards are humongous compared to the Atom compact ones. And the EeePC might not be able to accommodate those boards. I'm not sure if there are boards of that size available but wait till other members reply.

Plus the adapter etc.. of the EeeBox would have been designed for a 10w TDP Atom dual core and may not take a 45w TDP mobile i-7. Also as djmykey says i am sure there are PGA988 socket mobos that fits in Eeebox.

Plus Intel® Core the proccy alone costs $364+

Back