Monitors upgrading monitor

neojjjk

Skilled
Hi friends,
I am planning to buy 24" monitor ...seen so many reviews about benq monitor...my doubt is ,,,I found two models ...one is G2420 & other is E2420
G2420 has contrast ratio DCR 40,000 :1
and E2420 has contrast ration DCR 50,000:1
is it a big change ?
which monitor is a better choice..please advice
which is a better choice for gaming ?

G2420's fine. I couldnt find the E2420 anywhere so i went for it and hooked it with my PS3 and never looked back since.

G2420 specs
Horizontal Frequency (KHz) 20 - 83 (KHz)
Vertical Frequency (Hz) 50 - 76 (Hz)
Video Bandwidth (MHZ) 210 (MHz)
Features Senseye+Photo
HDCP Support
AMA : Yes
OSD Language : 17 languages
VESA Wall Mounting : 100 x 100 mm

E2420 specs
Horizontal Frequency (KHz) 24~83 (KHz))
Vertical Frequency (Hz) 50 ~ 76 (Hz)
Video Bandwidth (MHZ) 205 (MHz)
Features Senseye 3
AMA
HDCP Support
OSD Language : 17 languages

1)there is a small difference between two models in frequencies...which lcd is better?
2)what is AMA and senseye3 ?
3)what do they mean by G series and E series? (G for games /E for ergonomics /entertainment ??? :huh: )

Check this out for a direct comparison between the two.

Compare BenQ E2420HD and BenQ G2420HD Computer Monitors / Comparisons / LCD Monitors catalogue

From what I can see, E2420 has speakers and USB ports on the monitor but consumes slightly more power than G2420. Speakers on monitors have always been crappy and these days all cabinets have USB ports at the front, so unless you really want either of those features badly, I would say go for the G2420. And yea, don't really consider the difference in DCR.

3)what do they mean by G series and E series? (G for games /E for ergonomics /entertainment ??? )

G for Economic and E for Game.

the link shows that G series is economic series and E is gaming series .I am going to buy one tomoro ...please advice me asap--> which monitor is suitable for gaming?

i would say stay clear of benQ and go for Dell SP2309W for 13.5K..... no TN panel comes remotely close to its performance.

@homer I will buy full 24"only...

what is the price of Benq G2420 ? any TE dealers selling it ? I am from kerala...any shops selling it ? or any other online shops ?

Dell SP2309W is what i would recommend too.

Brilliant monitor and have been using it for over 3 months now. No problems and amazing performance for a TN panel.

Cheers

I got my G2420 HD shipped from ebay last month for some 11.3k after using a 10% coupon. So it should be around that price range even now, or maybe slightly cheaper if you get it locally.

@neojjjk...........dude, have you even bothered checking out the specs of the SP2309W?

It's a 23.6" but it has a resolution of 2048x1152 , thats MORE THAN FULL HD! which means in the same screen your getting more pixels which give you a sharper and crisper image. take my advice and get this one over the BenQ.........u wont regret it.

Running games will be a problem then since running games on resolutions other than the native ( i am pretty sure most games dont usually have that res. and even if it does, it will require a better GPU) will give fuzzier image so ideally Full HD res, monitors would be better for the OP.

Your call.

Back