Upgrading my system under 50k budget.

channabasanna

Disciple
My brother is having a Education loan in which he is entitled to get a Laptop or PC upto Rs75000, so after i had my Monitor problems http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/is-my-monitor-gone-192873.html we decided to upgrade few components using the loan facility. Hence going to get the system upgraded in mostly within this month.

Since we can only get 68% of 75k, i.e. approx 50k. I am going to upgrade the System along with a 2GB RAM for my Laptop. Following are the details.

Q: What is your budget?
approx or upto 50k

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU: C2Q Q6600 G0
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula
RAM: XMS2 1GB x4
PSU: CM extreme Power 600W
Cabinet: CM Elite 332
HDD: WD 320GB HDD, Seagate 80GB HDD
Optical Drive: SONY DVD+RW
Monitor: Viewsonic VA1912wb 19"
GPU: XFX 7600GS
CPU Cooler: OCZ Vendetta 2

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
I will be upgrading only the GPU, PSU, Cabinet and Monitor. Also i will be looking to buy a Laser Printer for home use with a Network Connection in that.

Hence i will retaining the following components.
CPU: C2Q Q6600 G0
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula
RAM: XMS2 1GB x4
HDD: WD 320GB HDD, Seagate 80GB HDD
Optical Drive: SONY DVD+RW
CPU Cooler: OCZ Vendetta 2

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
GPU: GTX560Ti 1GB DDR5 (Looking for ASUS Direct Cu, had checked about this from Ankit Infotech almost a month ago)
PSU: Corsair VX550
Cabinet: Should have good Air Circulation to keep the system cool. I am looking at CM 690 II Advanced or HAF series. (any other suggestions, i would like the Cabinet to be simple and elegant and very few LED fans will be fine)
Monitor: Looking for a 24" Full HD Monitor. Suggest me one which has HDMI, DVI. I am also planning to get a PS3 later and wanna use that with this monitor. (was looking at U2311H from DELL, but it does not have a HDMI connectivity, how is Dell ST2420L, any others from Samsung, LG or ASUS)
Printer: Need a Laser printer which can be connected to a network at home, regarding printers i have no idea. Any good printers available under 5k? (Black & White one is what i am looking at, since i already have a HP 3550 Deskjet and i need it mainly to print some eBooks which my brother has)

Please do provide your opinions and suggestions for the same.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes this will be the configuration and no plans of upgrading it atleast 4 years.
But if BluRay writer is available in affordable prices say under 5k will be looking to buy.
Also later will be buying a 5.1 audio system for the PC, or a 5.1 channel Headphone.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
SP Road, Bangalore (all components from one shop since the DD/Cheque will be provided by the bank on basis of the loan)
So suggest me where to go in SP Road, i am fed up of waiting and the pricing at Pragathi Computers.
Ankit Infotech people told that they will do provide the TPIN and all needed for the procedure.

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Playing Games at Full HD resolution. (would like to have the fun of Physx and CUDA)
Watching HD movies.
Browsing.
AutoCAD and other related software(for my brother is doing his MTech in Civil, GIS which involves rendering large maps in the AutoCad or such related apps. 5 of these images will be almost 1GB in size)
Web Designing
Android programming.
May be sometimes 3Ds Max.

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Call of Duty, Unreal Tournament
Eagerly waiting to start NFS Shift 2 and Hot Pursuit, Crysis 2, Mafia 2, F1 2010 and GTA IV.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Desktop and Gaming both at 1920x1080 resolution.

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows XP 32 bit. (No plans of upgrading the OS atleast for sometime untill very much needed)

I have few queries:

1. Can i use the 560Ti in Windows XP 32-bit (i.e. DirectX 9.0)?
2. Does the processor have any bottleneck with the Graphics card at Full HD resolution?
3. Later on when i add a BluRay writer will the VX550 be able to handle that along with the 560Ti?
4. I will be connecting both DVD Writer and the 80GB HDD through the Data Cable, since the newer cabinets have the HDD racks mounted sideways will that cause any issue to connect the IDE cable?
5. Regarding the Cabinet, currently i have Elite 332. Will it be enough to keep the components cool and does the 560Ti fit in it?

Thansk in Advance,
Channabasanna S

1. on XP 32-bit 4GB will be a waste

2. GTX 560Ti's prowess goes waste in DX10 and DX11 games which are incompatible with XP (Battlefield 3 won't work on XP btw)

3. Cabby is good

4. Core i5 2400 should do your work since you won't overclock.

Recommendation:

1. Go Win7 x64 to make most of your system

2. Grab the HD6870, performs similar, costs less, consumes wayy lesser power

or

HD6850 2GB makes utter sense @ 15k

3. BenQ G2420 FullHD LED monitor is a great one.

Thanks comp@ddict, i will later be upgrading to Win 7 Professional. But right now i will not be able to upgrade the OS.

I would not look into upgrading the CPU and other components right now except the GPU, PSU, Cabby and Monitor.

Regarding the Cabinet, do you think the Elite 332 will handle the 560Ti without hassles. Or which one shall i choose CM 690 II Advance or the HAF 912/922

Is the BenQ after sales services good.

I am looking at 560Ti since i also want to use my System for AUTOCAD and occasional 3Ds Max.

^^ yes HD6950 2GB sorry..

BenQ After Sales is excellent. I call complaint, they service on the SAME DAY.

THe cabby is good enough man, you can add another fan if you want.

@OP

Regarding case buy what you personally like all you mentioned are equally good.

If haf 912 get only advanced version.

Other cases you may consider

DF 30

NZXt tempest evo

comp@ddict said:
^^ yes HD6950 2GB sorry..

BenQ After Sales is excellent. I call complaint, they service on the SAME DAY.

The cabby is good enough man, you can add another fan if you want.

I have already placed one fan as Exhaust, so along with the CPU Cooler there are 3 fans.

Also will look in for the BenQ, is it widely available. If not any other options to have as alternative.
sasikanth8 said:
@OP

Regarding case buy what you personally like all you mentioned are equally good.

If haf 912 get only advanced version.

Other cases you may consider

DF 30

NZXt tempest evo

Thanks Sasikanth8, will look into the options.

Any other options for the Graphics Card. Forgive me for totally being behind the 560Ti, can i know which one to buy. MSI, ASUS.

Also suggest me the Laser Printer to look for. Which is good under 5k.

I would also like to know the prices, so that i can prepare the budget for the same.

Also i would like to know if the 560Ti works fine in Windows Xp with my processor, Q6600

channabasanna said:
Any other options for the Graphics Card. Forgive me for totally being behind the 560Ti, can i know which one to buy. MSI, ASUS.

Also i would like to know if the 560Ti works fine in Windows Xp with my processor, Q6600
so you hv already make up your mind for gtx560ti

b/w as compaddict suggested 6950 2gb

it even beats gtx560 at stock

even u'll have the power to unlock it to 6970

@nick2012, i going behind Nvidia due to PhysX, Cuda and for utilizing it for AutoCad, 3Ds Max applications. After seeing through many threads regarding 3D workstation apart from the nvidia Quadrro most are suggested for the GTX5 series. (Correct me if i am wrong)

I am not looking just only at Gaming for usage of the Graphics Card.

channabasanna said:
comp@ddict, which one in GTX560Ti to go for.
You choose which GTX560 Ti version you want (all MSI version, excellent TwinFrozr Cooler!)

1. Twin Frozr II OC

Core - 880MHz

Mem - 4200MHz

Price - 13.9k

2. HAWK

Core - 950Mhz

Mem - 4200MHz

Price - 14.5k

3. Golden Edition (bling only! :p )

Core - 900MHz

Mem- 4200MHz

Price - 15.6k

Honestly, the HAWK is the best choice. Monster overclock + excellent cooler + great price.

Sorry guys had not been able to upgrade till now, so now is the time i can go for in 2-3 weeks to get it done. Please help me out.

I am going to add a 24" HD Monitor preferably with HDMI since will be getting the PS3 sometime Q1 next year and wont be updating the TV as our LG Pride which is more than 11 years old and is going great (touch wood). So which one to add. Is DELL ST2420L available here and what is its cost. (looking for DELL since i need a good After Sales Service, also this implies for all the components)

I would either buy a GTX560 or GTX570, suggest me which one to go for and the Memory to look for. Not looking for AMD since i need PhysX.

Some queries regarding the Graphics Card (Sorry if the questions were repetitive)
  1. I will not be using Windows 7 for sometime now since some of the tools used by my brother does not work in it, so will the cards support Windows XP and Ubuntu.
  2. Since my Processor is Q6600 G0, does adding a GTX560 or GTX570 cause bottleneck to the CPU.
  3. Will the Corsair VX450 be enough or shall i add the VX550 PSU, i wont be adding another card. May be only upgrades will be the HDD and a Bluray Writer in future.
  4. Gaming would be in Full HD reolution, will be fine with medium-high settings.
  5. Games i do play are FIFA, and some yet to play games waiting in my cup board are Assassins Creed, F1 2010, CRYSIS 2, MAFIA 2, GTA IV, NFS Shift 2, NFS Hot Pursuit, pre ordered the NFS Run.
Cabinet as discussed above will go for either CM 690 II Advanced or the HAF 912 Advanced.

I need help for a 5.1 speakers, is Logitech Z506 sufficient for gaming and movies under 5k. (In this month DIGIT Killer Rigs section, page 104-105 they had mentioned the price of Z506 as Rs4700)
Also need to know a good AIO Laser printer. or a Laser Printer with network support.
Last but not least a good/decent gaming mouse under 1.5-2k. (Is Razer abyssus sufficient)

Hi All,

Will be going to SP Road this saturday to get information (since using my brother's education loan, need to get the TPIN and other stuffs to get DD from bank) and will be upgrading next saturday. So please help me out.

I have zeroed in on GTX560Ti for the Graphics Card.

Will choose either CM 690 II Advance or HAF 912 Advance Cabinets.

PSU will be Corsair VX550.

BenQ G2420 FullHD LED monitor. (Just for information need to know about DELL ST2420L or ST2320L, are they good enough)

1. I need help for a 5.1 speakers, is Logitech Z506 sufficient for gaming and movies under 5k.
  2. Also need to know a good AIO Laser printer. or a Laser Printer with network support.
  3. Last but not least a good/decent gaming mouse under 1.5-2k. (Is Razer abyssus sufficient)

Thanks in Advance

U should go with the Silverstone FT02 or RV03. The best air cool case on the planet period.

Logitech Z506 are awesome....

Get Razer DeathAdder BLACK edition with Razer Golithus mouse pad, or Steelseries QCK mini :)

Back