PC Peripherals Upgrading ... post your thoughts

Well, have been saving up for a complete overhaul around Dec 08, but circumstances are so that it seems that I might be in a bit of a financial crunch around that time. For a good overhaul at year end I was aiming to spend around 35K on mobo, gfx card and ram and maybe cpu if that would come in as well. But now I would have to go for what I can as cheap as I can and am not getting mobo or cpu.
Ok here is my current rig:
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black
Mobo: Asus M2N4 SLI
Gfx: Xfx 8500 GT 512mb
Ram: 1.5 gigs of transcend 4-4-4-12 533Mhz
PSU: Gigabyte 460 watter (FSP rebadge)
Hdd: Seagate 1X80 GB + 1X500 GB
Monitor: E22WFP
Optical drive: Benq (would not write Taiyo Yuden Dvds :( , so would have to buy one as well, thinking of getting the Samsung 22X sata or something similar, but that is not to be included in the upgradits budget .. it will be funded from daily bread and butter funds :eek:hyeah: )

Here is what I had thought:
Gfx: 4850
Ram: suggest some 1GBX2 800mhz ~3k, am looking at OCZ Platinum. Constraint max DDR2 voltage is 1.95 V.
Cooling: Ultima 90 with some good 120mm fan. On stock AMD cooler, am not able to overclock beyond 2.8Ghz. So thought will get a cooler as well. May cancel this item if budget becomes excessively strained.

Budget as you can guess is around 14-15K though stretchable a bit. Had been considering 8800 GT as well, but let it pass to 4850.

Let me know what you guys think ....

gfx - get the msi 4850 with a custom cooler

RAM - if you are upto searching then try to find the PSC chip wala transcend 2gb sticks with brainpower pcb. can oc decently. if you cant find that then get the gskil gbpq 2gig kit for 2.4k.. has the same chips as the transcend. easier to find it though

hsf - get a xigmatek S1238 for 2.4k via kmd. good bundled fan. you'll have to spend extra for a fan with ultima90i

Back