Monitors UPS for PC & LCD TV

karmyster

Disciple
Hi all,

First, thanks to all for this great forum where I have learnt many things.

Summer is coming and my UPS battery is dead. I am planning to replace it but now want to connect my LCD TV instead of monitor to this UPS also. Please see the config below:

UPS: APC Backup ES 500
PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power 460
Speaker: Creative SBS 2.1
LCD: Samsung LA32C530

Please help me find answers to my queries:
  • I plan on Corsair VX450 PSU in future, is it compatible with current UPS?
  • Will my current UPS be able to take the load of the PC, Speaker & LCD TV?
  • If I need new UPS then what VA should I target to have the PC, LCD & Speaker working for 10-15min on power cut?

Thanks for your responses.

vip said:
At least 800va sine-wave ups

Hmm.... When you mention sinewave do you mean PURE sinewave? I've read that these are really expensive
geek ashish said:
to be on safer side go for 1KVA.
I would go for 1KVA, I think APC ones come for ~7k. But previous 500VA UPS used to give an annoying buzzing sound when on battery. Is this due to load? will getting a higher capacity UPS alleviate this problem?

it happens with APC ups, nothing harmful.
I would suggest go for PowerCom 1 Kva model. I've been using it since past 3 years. no problems yet.
APC is the best, but too costly. Powercom is the next best. no sound with VX450w.

BTW when you buy 450 Watt PSu go for Seasonic than Corsair. Corsair has changed the internal components to a lower quality ones.

geek ashish said:

I would suggest go for PowerCom 1 Kva model. I've been using it since past 3 years. no problems yet.

APC is the best, but too costly. Powercom is the next best. no sound with VX450w.

BTW when you buy 450 Watt PSu go for Seasonic than Corsair. Corsair has changed the internal components to a lower quality ones.

Powercom 1KVA sounds good, could you please let me know the price, warranty and backup time of the one you have? Also, how many plugs does it have at the back?

geek ashish said:

Can you post the model No of your powercom ups, if your not getting any sound then it is probably sinewave .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Just checked powercom & apc india sites

#Powercom has "Quasi sinewave" waveform

#APC has "Stepped approximation to a sinewave"

Whats the difference between these two waveforms?

Well, I went and bought a battery for my APC 500 UPS. I tried it on my PC+LCD TV combo and I'm getting only 2-3 min backup. This is not enough so I guess I'm going to need something bigger.

No Powersafe/Powercom available, Numeric warranty 1 year only. Picked up an ICE 1KVA for 3.2K with 2yrs warranty on unit and battery. Works fine so far so lets see how it goes. Thanks to all who helped.

Mods please close the thread.

Back