Disciple
My rig is:
i5 3570k
Sapphire 7970
Seasonic 620w psu
19 inch monitor tft
1 hdd

Budget:upto 5.5k

Need atleast 10mins backup.After sales service should be good.Will be buying online,so plz provide links.

Sent from galaxy s3

^^ APC BR1100VA-IN ~4800/- (Price from Bangalore), you will have to find it for yourself. (online pricing on eBay.in is prohibitively high --> APC | eBay)

Try to speak to APC India APC India, UPS, DC, Cooling, Rack and figure out the local distributor for your region / area / city-town. They will give you a much better price estimate.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

^^ APC BR1100VA-IN ~4800/- (Price from Bangalore), you will have to find it for yourself. (online pricing on eBay.in is prohibitively high --> APC | eBay)

Try to speak to APC India APC India, UPS, DC, Cooling, Rack and figure out the local distributor for your region / area / city-town. They will give you a much better price estimate.

Thanks.Local buy is not possible as the only ups i find in my small town is microtek.My psu is an active pfc one,do i need a ups with pure sine wave like apc smart ups to run my system stable?They come over 10k which is costly.I have my sight set on apc 1.1kva back ups which comes around 5.2k online.Will i be fine with this ups.

Thanks.Local buy is not possible as the only ups i find in my small town is microtek.My psu is an active pfc one,do i need a ups with pure sine wave like apc smart ups to run my system stable?They come over 10k which is costly.I have my sight set on apc 1.1kva back ups which comes around 5.2k online.Will i be fine with this ups.

i have this UPS. you should be fine with it. also, contact techshop.in for a quote from them for this UPS.

apology OP, but instead of creating a new similar thread, i would like to piggyback on your thread & get my doubt cleared as well. hope you don't mind.

@ALPHA17 - could you please help me in clearing a doubt of mine? my config is as follows:

i7 2600k
corsair tx850 psu
gskill 8gb ram
msi gtx 580 lightning gpu
hafx cabinet
1tb int hdd
2 dvd burners
edifier da5000 pro 5.1 speakers
2 consoles
benq g2420hd monitor

now i understand that i don't need to, and nor would i connect all these simultaneously at a time to the ups. mostly it would be just the pc. i was thinking of shifting my 1.1 kva apc ups mentioned above from the hall to my pc room to be connected to the pc. should it suffice, or do i need to buy a still higher rated ups? please suggest.

i have this UPS. you should be fine with it. also, contact techshop.in for a quote from them for this UPS.

apology OP, but instead of creating a new similar thread, i would like to piggyback on your thread & get my doubt cleared as well. hope you don't mind.

@ALPHA17 - could you please help me in clearing a doubt of mine? my config is as follows:

i7 2600k
corsair tx850 psu
gskill 8gb ram
msi gtx 580 lightning gpu
hafx cabinet
1tb int hdd
2 dvd burners
edifier da5000 pro 5.1 speakers
2 consoles
benq g2420hd monitor

now i understand that i don't need to, and nor would i connect all these simultaneously at a time to the ups. mostly it would be just the pc. i was thinking of shifting my 1.1 kva apc ups mentioned above from the hall to my pc room to be connected to the pc. should it suffice, or do i need to buy a still higher rated ups? please suggest.

Chill,i dont mind. :)

Btw how much backup do you get from this ups?

And lastly u have an awesome rig there. :thumbup:

As long as you are not putting the speakers onto the UPS, you should get ~10 -->15 minutes of backup. Cheers!

I was also wondering the same thing for my setup.

Yes Pure Sine wave ones will be better but because of their high cost, you can try to source a base APC UPS which has a stepped-sine system for power delivery. Though this one has issues with certain Corsair SMPS, particularly the older yeoman VX-series.

Did you try to get in touch with APC India?

If not, try to contact them first, else after sales will not be good in your area and you might regret the purchase.

And yes, the BR1100VA-IN will be a better choice than any MicroTek stuff available.

Mine's a CX430 V2 powering an i5 3rd generation, 1Tb Seagate HDD, 24" monitor and a 2.1 setup (no graphics card).
What UPS should I get?

#rock2702 : It's better to contact APC (either on phone or by mail) first because if they aren't having dealers in your area the service may also not be there.

They are usually prompt to reply.

Mine's a CX430 V2 powering an i5 3rd generation, 1Tb Seagate HDD, 24" monitor and a 2.1 setup (no graphics card).
What UPS should I get?

#rock2702 : It's better to contact APC (either on phone or by mail) first because if they aren't having dealers in your area the service may also not be there.

You can go for the APC BR600VA-IN ~2000/-.

If you plan to add a graphics card, it might be best that you get a APC BR650VA-IN ~2800/-.

still can't rep you :|

Not an issue. =]

am going to buy one of the above-mentioned UPS (600VA one or 650VA) for my TV soon :)

and by the way, i meant 'still unable to rep you'....poor choice of words by me :ashamed:

am going to buy one of the above-mentioned UPS (600VA one or 650VA) for my TV soon :)

and by the way, i meant 'still unable to rep you'....poor choice of words by me :ashamed:

But why do you require a UPS for your TV?

Does your inverter not prevent a TV shut down in case of power cut?

Ordered it from mdcomputers.in

Got my ups today delievered via courier.Got free sleeping dogs steam code inside the box.

Just one thing that I would like to add - don't let the UPS battery drain out completely when the power is out. This significantly reduces the life of the battery and a new pair will set you back by ~1800. Learnt it the hard way when I had to get the batteries changed within 6 months. :\

Just one thing that I would like to add - don't let the UPS battery drain out completely when the power is out. This significantly reduces the life of the battery and a new pair will set you back by ~1800. Learnt it the hard way when I had to get the batteries changed within 6 months. :\

Thanks for the tip.:)

Back