ups or honda generator

TonyBosco

Disciple
hi all:)

from my single computer backup for atleast 8hrs,
which is best (ups or honda generator)

pls suggest me even the brand:) with details.

thank you:)

For 8 hours you will need both, the UPS for a few minutes till the generator switches on, then you use the generator.
If you are OK with the computer going off on power failure, then use only the generator, but I dont know if the generator o/p will be stable enough for the computer.

get a 1.4 kv inverter, with double batteries. it will suppot even moe then 8 hours and cost u like 28k with batteries.

Ensure that you dont use a UPS after an invertor. OR you will fry a lot more.

If the application is important, go for a online UPS which could cost 25-30K with batteries. Generators dont provide very stable power. And the computer is switched off once the power fails.

Honda will consume Fuel while the UPS would consume batteries every 2-3 years.

The batteries mentioned here can they be kept in the same room as the equipment or do they need their own space with ventilation somewhere.

I heard there can be a strong smell of fumes otherwise. I'm not referring to the dry cells but the cheaper ones.

matoind said:
Ensure that you dont use a UPS after an invertor. OR you will fry a lot more.

If the application is important, go for a online UPS which could cost 25-30K with batteries. Generators dont provide very stable power. And the computer is switched off once the power fails.

Honda will consume Fuel while the UPS would consume batteries every 2-3 years.
Why not a UPS after generator, it would be cheap and need a low backup time, and running cost of generator is lower than a large UPS..

Back