PC Peripherals UPS Suggestion

Decius

Adept
Hi All

I am looking for a change in my UPS as my 5 year old Microtek 600VA UPS is now longer providing backup for my new system, although I replaced the battery few months ago only.

My config is as follows:

AMD Athlon X3 440
WD 1 TB Green HDD
4 GB Corsair RAM.
1 Sony DVD Writer.
2 Case fans.

Benq G2220HD Monitor

My PSU is a Tacens Supero 500W.

My Airtel BBand modem is also being powered by the UPS only.

Please suggest me what UPS would be ideal for the above mentioned config. I am looking for cost effective solution not very expensive ones.
TIA.

@vivacious_tg

I would need not more than 10 mins of backup time. My current 600 VA is giving me no backup at all it just shuts off with 10 secs that is why i was concerned about the load factor.

@sam000

No I am not looking for auto shutdown feature. What kind of backup time Microtek 800VA can provide, any ideas??

get any model of APC.

i am using it for last 4 yrs.only maintainance i did was change of battery and its pretty good overall.

you can calculate your required model on their site.t

they have online tool for calculating and suggesting model.

Decius said:
@vivacious_tg

@sam000 No I am not looking for auto shutdown feature. What kind of backup time Microtek 800VA can provide, any ideas??

For my pc with 3 HDD(1TB X1,500GBX2) and a HD4850 i got more than 15 mins but did not drain the unit completely.Also what i like about this unit is it does not go to battery mode like APC and drain the battery....my area has a lot of voltage fluctuations and APC simply gives up if there are lot of voltage fluctuations....also microtek has a wider voltage range compared to APC which is a boon to people like me.

I was surprised to find i am not the only one to suffer from APC...... look what i found on team bhp site:

Don't want to create any flame war.but APC failed for me.with constant current fluctuations due to transformer sharing with a near by matchbox factory ,APC too Failed-not only once,but many times(in extreme conditions).I cannot verify whether it was due to some mosfet failure etc with UPS.but that is what I experienced for few years.That is why my question dear Raccoon.So is the question about CVT.

Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
APC UPS Sucks big time, I Am currently using a 650VA Back UPS ES and it's the 2nd one that I am getting(under warranty ofcourse) after the one I bought failed and currently this one dosen't provide more than 2 minutes of back up.But the Service is quite good,but once I am through with the warranty period i am getting myself a Microtek or Su-Kam for sure.

Now i am gonna call up the APC Guys and request for another replacement UPS

whenever the APC guys came to replace my unit he was always carrying 2-4 replacement units of various models...even they admit this.After a lot of complaints i got a call from a senior guy from APC and he told me politely to go for some indian brands after the warranty period and that will solve my problem lol and he was right...works flawlessly with my Corsair VX450:hap2:

Back