Upscale Wedding Venue in Delhi

cybertragic

Disciple
I was hoping that this topic has been discussed in an earlier thread, but the search yielded nothing.

My brother would be getting married in January in Delhi and I am looking for some upscale wedding venues that we could book. Our budget for the marriage is not sky-high as is the norm these days, but it is a fair bit. We would be about 150 to 200 people coming from another town so ideally I am looking for a resort that could comfortably accommodate us as well as serve as the wedding venue (for less than 500 people). 5-star hotels would probably be too expensive.

Any recommendations, personal experiences, web links, contacts or even second-hand info would be incredibly useful because I have very little idea of where to start the planning from. Also any tips on bargaining well and fine-prints while booking such places would be helpful.

Any five star/five star deluxe should be good. My parents had their engagement in Claridges(five star, but not five star deluxe). Taj Man Singh is very very good.

Maurya is decent but the food is grossly overrated imo. I prefer Taj. If you want the best food multicuisine, look no further than Taj Mansingh. And accomodations are reasonable at 10-12 per couple per night.

More than that. But even now it is a five star. Although, Taj is definitely better but may be more expensive as well.

Delhi is a pretty big place and has decent party venues all over. The rates however fluctuate according to the location with the highest being in South Delhi. This is not to say that the venues located elsewhere are not good. Since its a wedding, convenience and approachability for both the parties (the bride and the groom) has to be looked into unless both are coming from out of state which begs the question, why Delhi ;). Anyway, if you could send me some more info on your plans, maybe I could direct you better. Otherwise, you can look into the Parkland Exotica group. They have a new facility in Chatterpur with rooms on location. Also worth considering is the Claremont hotel & convention center and the Lutyens Hotel, both on MG Road. Five star level, The Ashok has a very grand ballroom which comes out beautifully in the hands of a skilled decorator. The food is decent and if you have contacts in the power corridors, so is the price. Hope this helps and congrats!!!

Back