Urgent: buffalo G54S or G125

Hi Guys,
I need to make a quick decision between buffalo G54S (2125+tax) or G125(2k+tax)...
G125 is the model replacing the G54S. SO G45S may be out of market in near future.

Tried seaching on net for Tomato firmware support..
G54S is better supported but there exists a version for G125 also.
Q1 -> So in a fix...which to choose????, (I need QOS option so tomato, don't know whether buffalo firmware support this or not)

Q2-> Also i want to connect my HTPC(future) to my home server(old PC) by wirless network connection, so is there any PCI soultion exists or do i need to buy two of these...

Please reply quickly as i need to buy ASAP.
Thanks!

If its a diff of 125 then anytime go for G54S, well for Wifi PCI I have Netgear WG311v3 but they suck big time, Those NetGear! :mad: see if u can get any from Buffalo.

You can load tomato on both, G125 is the newer model, strangely the G54S I bought was marked G125 on the box but has the G54S inside.

On it's own the G54S is a good router with solid performance and stability. I haven't used Tomato because I don't need QOS but lots of people use tomato on it and have reported good results so If I were you I would lean towards the tried and tested G54S.

The difference between he G54S and the G125 is a more powerful amplifier onthe newer model if I remember right, read that somewhere on dslreports.com buffalo forums.

raul said:
You can load tomato on both, G125 is the newer model, strangely the G54S I bought was marked G125 on the box but has the G54S inside.

Same story with the g54s i got for my friend.

For the htpc you can get the buffalo wifi pci adapter. 1.2k approx.

It has a long antenna, so make sure it does not screw up with ur vga or some other cable at the back.

Could not find G54S as G125 was also called as G54S in Bangalore ....(don't ask why)....
Finally brought G125 for 2k+tax n very happy with the performance...:hap2:
n the firmware has QoS option :D !!!! was not listed in any review.....

thanks everyone!!

Back