Monitors Urgent help needed on newly bought LCD

Spectre

Skilled
Hi Folks,

My friend just bought a new LG W1942S 19" LCD. Its optimum resolution is 1440 * 900

LCD TV, Plasma TV,Colour Television, Audio Video,Computer Products,Mobile Phone,Refrigerator, Washing Machine,Vacuum Cleaner,Microwave Oven,Air Conditioner, CAC Products by LG Electronics India

After setting up and installing monitor driver, the max resolution he can set is only 1280 * 768, which appear blurred.

AMD 754 - VIA K8M800 board with AMD 64 2800+ and onboard VGA. He reinstalled motherboard and VGA drivers, still same problem

Please help what can be done.

BTW OS is Windows XP Pro Sp2

Thanks for your replies :)

pcgamer said:
Hi Folks,

My friend just bought a new LG W1942S 19" LCD. Its optimum resolution is 1440 * 900

LCD TV, Plasma TV,Colour Television, Audio Video,Computer Products,Mobile Phone,Refrigerator, Washing Machine,Vacuum Cleaner,Microwave Oven,Air Conditioner, CAC Products by LG Electronics India

After setting up and installing monitor driver, the max resolution he can set is only 1280 * 768, which appear blurred.

AMD 754 - VIA K8M800 board with AMD 64 2800+ and onboard VGA. He reinstalled motherboard and VGA drivers, still same problem

Please help what can be done.
BTW OS is Windows XP Pro Sp2

Thanks for your replies :)

May be this IGP does not support 1440X900

yup, if its a resolution setting issue its an issue with your system rather than the monitor. Which onboard?

I would suggest going into advanced hardware settings and selecting/setting custom resolution of 1440X900. Should be doable :) Try it and post back. Its probably just not able to auto-detect the required resolution ;)

Thanks guys :) ...unfortunately its a AGP board, so i dont have a card to give him to test, though i also think IGP is the culprit here

techie_007 said:
yup, if its a resolution setting issue its an issue with your system rather than the monitor. Which onboard?

I would suggest going into advanced hardware settings and selecting/setting custom resolution of 1440X900. Should be doable :) Try it and post back. Its probably just not able to auto-detect the required resolution ;)

@techie_007 - Its a VIA IGP...so I am not sure about Advanced Settings in it

pcgamer said:
Thanks guys :) ...unfortunately its a AGP board, so i dont have a card to give him to test, though i also think IGP is the culprit here

@techie_007 - Its a VIA IGP...so I am not sure about Advanced Settings in it

give it a shot. There should be something under the advanced tab for graphics ;)

else ur pretty much out of luck :(

There should be a BIOS update somewhere that gives the support for the resolution. I had a K8M800 - the chipset definitely supports up to 1920x1200, but the board BIOS makers lock away the advanced resolutions.

Anyway, the S754 Asus K8V-MX has a BIOS out there that adds resolution support for widescreen and non-standard resolution. You haven't mentioned which board you have, so if that's not it your SOL.

Back