Android [URGENT] Help with Images sorting in gallery.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
I have have images (manga) in my gallery. But they dont appear alphabetically. Everything is randomly being categorized, There is no option for sorting the images alphabetically. There is a sort by group and another one but not the files alphabetically. Need to re-arranged them. When viewed from PC the files are properly arranged. Is there any way I can view the files in alphabetical order?
Basically I want an app which can make me view my gallery in its original condition just like the stock gallery and should be able to sort the files by the file name.
This is one the folders containing the manga (Air Gear) images . Please store in your gallery and see what you can do about it.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yqa1s8juh50rvos/3ZDj0RZRFP
One of the main reasons why I bought a 5" phone was because I wanted to read manga. If I cannot do this it will have lost one of its main purposes :(

Has anyone used the apps listed here?
QuickPic not compatible with phone. See attached image.
Photo Gallery (Fish Bowl)- This one works fine. Now time to see the advanced settings of this app.
Flayvr
Gallery ICS
F-Stop Media Gallery
Photo Days Gallery
NeroKwik
Tidy- this one looks good. rejected. It does not let me view my files and folders in their original form.
Customizable Gallery 3D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Have you tried this mango?
http://mango.leetsoft.net/
That needs a net connection. I don't have a good net connection (aircel, if you want to know how bad it is, I cannot even start-up whatsapp sometimes) on my phone and no wifi either. So I'm downloading the manga images and manually storing them in my phone. :D|D
Downloading Tidy.

BTW i didn't know that it was possible to download apps from the playstore using a pc directly to phone. Talk about being a newbie haha.
PS: this download is going to take ages to complete.

Last edited:
I used esfile explorers inbuilt image viewer to view pics. It can open zip, rar files and sorts by image name. It won't open next file in zip / rat but if files are in folder you can navigate to next previous images. Only drawback I see is 1:1 image viewing is bit quirky.

I used esfile explorers inbuilt image viewer to view pics. It can open zip, rar files and sorts by image name. It won't open next file in zip / rat but if files are in folder you can navigate to next previous images. Only drawback I see is 1:1 image viewing is bit quirky.
Is that like Xplorer (Symbian's)?

Update: finished downloading Tidy. App is a bit confusing.

Last edited:
Just tried Tidy. While it does sort images by name, date created and other options it does not view folder by folder but rather one needs to create a new album. With my pics of over hundreds in a number of folders its a PITA to group them into albums. Having finger-ache moving files to albums. I want something which can let me view the images in its original folder by folder.
Will try Fish Bowl next.[DOUBLEPOST=1397224316][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't know. I haven't used xplorer.
This is the link in play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop
Let me download it and see.

Its not compatible. Already tried it before I posted that. :p
But if it was compatible will it help? Is there any option for sorting?[DOUBLEPOST=1397214285][/DOUBLEPOST]
You wanted sorting, i opened quickpic on my tab and notice my photos were sorted by name.

What am i missing here :confused:

You wanted sorting, i opened quickpic on my tab and notice my photos were sorted by name.

What am i missing here :confused:
You missed something impt. its NOT compatible with my phone! :p
See the image attached in my OP.[DOUBLEPOST=1397228187][/DOUBLEPOST]UPDATE: Fish Bowl works! Yahoo!
But how do I disable the way it slides? Irritating for me. It zooms IN and OUT randomly when I slide the photos.

WOW..:arghh:

how is this possible , what phone have you got ?
IKR? When I told my friends that my phone doesnt support QuickApp they asked if I'm using a phone made during the dinosaurs age. haha
Its a Panasonic P11.
Anyway, FishBowl works fine which is very nice. Phew! I wont get greedy. I'll try to optimize this thing and try to get used to it. But the zoom in/out is very annoying. You cant slide in peace without the zooming. >_>

Last edited:
Are you downloading on 2G connection? I've seen that play store times out frequently on 2g. To install an app you need wifi or 3g. Or you can download from developers site and install it. Security settings need to be changed to allow install from unknown sources.

Are you downloading on 2G connection? I've seen that play store times out frequently on 2g. To install an app you need wifi or 3g. Or you can download from developers site and install it. Security settings need to be changed to allow install from unknown sources.
Yep its 2G. :| But I was able to download other apps and games fine.
I'll try again when I have 3G pack and let you know.

Back