CPU/Mobo [URGENT] Motherboard for i5 4570

n3nimbus

Disciple
Hey guys,

As per my PC guy, my Mobo has gone bust.

I have a i5 4570 and a Sapphire r9 290 Tri-x (ram 2x4gb gskill ripjaws and Corsair CS600 psu)

So need a compatible motherboard to go with the intel processor and amd card.

I currently have the Asus H87 motherboard which had cost me 9k. Now I don't wanna spend that much since in year or two I'll probably upgrade my whole system.

So can anyone suggest a good compatible motherboard for the above config please for a ~5k price (if possible)

The PC repair guy is also gonna suggest some options tomorrow, so if it differs than the suggestions you guys provide, I'll discuss further. Please suggest some good motherboards taking everything into consideration. Thanks!

Last edited:

awaiting his reply :)

What's wrong with the board ?.burn?.caps?

Well the long story is I switched on my PC and I went out to get water and I came back my PC was off in just 2 minutes. My initial reaction was that maybe a power surge must have happened that might have screwed up my PSU. So I called the guy (seemed knowledgeable - had all sort of voltage testing equipemnt and stuff that he was carrying and educated as well). So he took the PSU and he said that had issues and he fixed some part (quotation 1100 rs). He got it back but the PC didn't run. He took it back to test and said the PSU is running fine with other PCs. So, then he was like maybe the mobo or processor has gone bad as well. Finally he has come to the comclusion that the processor is fine and the Mobo is beyond repair. He said he tried fixing everything but it didn't work, so he can't charge me for that since he couldn't fix it. He said you'll have to buy a new one. I said I don't mind that, but if the PC doesn't work I won't bear the cost of the new motherboard. He said ya that's fine. I'll get it working.

So I guess I will have to tell him to buy it for me even if he charges like 100-200 more for the Mobo because if I go to buy and the new motherboard doesn't fix the issue, I will be stuck with a new motherboard. By buying it from him, I am essentially risk free.

TLDR: Maybe a voltage issue that screwed up my system. PSU and Motherboard at fault. PSU got fixed and motherboard needs to be replaced.

Hey guys,

As per my PC guy, my Mobo has gone bust.

I have a i5 4570 and a Sapphire r9 290 Tri-x (ram 2x4gb gskill ripjaws and Corsair CS600 psu)

So need a compatible motherboard to go with the intel processor and amd card.

I currently have the Asus H87 motherboard which had cost me 9k. Now I don't wanna spend that much since in year or two I'll probably upgrade my whole system.

So can anyone suggest a good compatible motherboard for the above config please for a ~5k price (if possible)

The PC repair guy is also gonna suggest some options tomorrow, so if it differs than the suggestions you guys provide, I'll discuss further. Please suggest some good motherboards taking everything into consideration. Thanks!
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H -5500.

Your power supply is probably the culprit as the card you are using draws a nice fat wattage , ask your pc guy if mobo power ic has malfunctioned, if so go for something like a 750 watt psu

And the board suggested by op is one of the best I have used, gives killer performance at the price it comes for

Thanks mate. Turns out my professor and mofo both are screwed beyond repair. And yes it has something to do with the power supply. However my PC ran fine for the last two years with this PSU. I think it's mainly because of a split second power surge which is very rare.

I am getting a second opinion today from another PC guy. If he says both the mono and processor are gone I'll buy to buy the new i5 6500 or something and a mobo to go with it. RIP 20k-25k

CS series from Corsair is not that great. If you can afford, please change your PSU at priority.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll just be going with a new i5 6500 and the Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H. Will set me back like ~22k :( RIP. Will also check out a new PSU as you suggested. Seasonic maybe this time. *sigh* I didn't want to buy anything for 4 years when I bought this PC. Now I have to replace half the parts in 2 with 0 resale on the previous parts as well. :(

Back