Less than 10K URGENT- Need a phone till 10k

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 10k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: The best in this budget

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: One UI or stock

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: Dual 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Moto, Samsung

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Browsing, apps, movies, maybe a little gaming

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual 4G

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Good battery, microsd card if possible.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Samsung M02, Moto- there are tons of models in this range so confused.

@seshu
Finalized Moto G9, Nokia 6.3 (The version might be wrong but it was 6 point something for around 11k), Poco M3.
The reason for selecting the last one is because I saw someone using it and it looks cool. If we flash a custom rom with a stock os then will the ota updates of Android work or do we need to flash it everytime to get the updates? Can we hide that horrendous miui completely using some skin/launcher?
@nick.knack91011 How is this phone working for you? You shared a link of phones with IR sensor by MI. That list didn't have the prices. Any MI phone till 14k with cool specs and an ir sensor?

@seshu
Finalized Moto G9, Nokia 6.3 (The version might be wrong but it was 6 point something for around 11k), Poco M3.
The reason for selecting the last one is because I saw someone using it and it looks cool. If we flash a custom rom with a stock os then will the ota updates of Android work or do we need to flash it everytime to get the updates? Can we hide that horrendous miui completely using some skin/launcher?
@nick.knack91011 How is this phone working for you? You shared a link of phones with IR sensor by MI. That list didn't have the prices. Any MI phone till 14k with cool specs and an ir sensor?

Phone is fine I am using debloated miui its not that bad. Wrt custom rom if you flash one you dont get OTA update but you dont get mnay updates with these phones anyway. But dont think too far debloated miui serves me fine for better info you can check xda page !

regarding Ir sensor just search the phones in your range and check with list if it has that. If you are extending budget then poco x3 a is beast and amazing camera, good processor, 120 hz screen and great support from xda etc.

Also nokia is launching newer phone for 14k today or tomorrow ish .

I didnt have budget to extend to went with m3 and frankly i like it a lot so far.

Ultimately you only can decide whats best for your use case etc and how long you expect to keep phone etc. If i wanted a primary phone i would have probably got x3 , but for secondry phone m3 is great for basics videos music light gaming.

But obv if you want vanilla android or dont wanna mess too much nokia or moto is better

Which city are you in btw ? For moto maybe yoy can check offline as well
A small city in Punjab. No moto store here.
Phone is fine I am using debloated miui its not that bad. Wrt custom rom if you flash one you dont get OTA update but you dont get mnay updates with these phones anyway. But dont think too far debloated miui serves me fine for better info you can check xda page !

regarding Ir sensor just search the phones in your range and check with list if it has that. If you are extending budget then poco x3 a is beast and amazing camera, good processor, 120 hz screen and great support from xda etc.

Also nokia is launching newer phone for 14k today or tomorrow ish .

I didnt have budget to extend to went with m3 and frankly i like it a lot so far.

Ultimately you only can decide whats best for your use case etc and how long you expect to keep phone etc. If i wanted a primary phone i would have probably got x3 , but for secondry phone m3 is great for basics videos music light gaming.

But obv if you want vanilla android or dont wanna mess too much nokia or moto is better
Xda is going down the drain. The millennials are just not interested in forums.
It will be used as a secondary phone. X3 is good but 7k above the budget is meh. Do more hz screen rates really matter? I have never used a phone with more than 60hz refresh rate btw, I am assuming 60hz is the least.
Which nokia phone is releasing this week?
I am back to square one, confused amongst the three. Mostly its M3 vs G9.
Edit- When will the Poco M3 come on Amazon? It is oos on FK also.

Last edited:
A small city in Punjab. No moto store here.

Xda is going down the drain. The millennials are just not interested in forums.
It will be used as a secondary phone. X3 is good but 7k above the budget is meh. Do more hz screen rates really matter? I have never used a phone with more than 60hz refresh rate btw, I am assuming 60hz is the least.
Nokia 5.4 is coming this week for 14k.

Out of g9 and m3 if its for someone half decent tech savvy get m3 as debloating isnt that difficult, if its for someone less tech savy uncle mother or someone get moto or nokia with stock android !

As others asked, who will be using the phone, and for what purpose?

Anyways, considering overall, Poco M3 does look like a better choice in terms of hardware with full HD+ display, more battery power, and RAM of 6GB, which will make a significant difference. Phone seems more future proof than Moto G9. Also, I am not expecting much updates from Moto, and as @Tejas01 says, Poco do provide regular updates, so again a better choice. But yes, you will have to put with MIUI... the settings section of MIUI is just horrible. I had trouble finding a simple thing as Factory Reset on a Redmi phone. Had to search for it ultimately in settings to find it.

Nokia 5.4 will be on sale from tomorrow, from what I read today. But, the phone is over the budget of 10K. 4GB RAM version will be for 13999/- and 6GB RAM for 15K +. Quite costly, and it has similar specifications to Poco M3. Nokia 5.4 doesn't have a full HD display, even at this price range!

Just to clarify, I have got 2 updates on Poco X3 post release. The last update was in December. The third update is late but I am assuming we are getting A11(beta testing in progress) so delays would be expected.
So how well Poco does with updates can be said only after 2 years. Those into custom roms can go further beyond.
Also they have different categories like F series, X series, M series, C series.. so more clarity is needed. And Poco has just got its independent status(atleast on paper) so it depends which route they take with maintenance and support..

Just to clarify, I have got 2 updates on Poco X3 post release. The last update was in December. The third update is late but I am assuming we are getting A11(beta testing in progress) so delays would be expected.
So how well Poco does with updates can be said only after 2 years. Those into custom roms can go further beyond.
Also they have different categories like F series, X series, M series, C series.. so more clarity is needed. And Poco has just got its independent status(atleast on paper) so it depends which route they take with maintenance and support..

I think m3 was first released in europe and has already got some stability updates since but for the price I wudnt expect too many updates esp with m and c series . But x and f shud and also x has amazing support from xda.

On a side note i had never used a ' chinese ' phone ( xiaomi and subbrands ) before and was skeptical and went with best budget option in m3 but after seeing how well miui runs after debloating might sell m3 in sometime and hop on x3 or upcoming redmi 5g , so wanted to ask how has the x3 been for you esp 120Hz screen and camera ?

Bro is the dual 4g/volte working in this phone with no issues at all? And easy to switch from mobile data of 1 sim to the other?

If you are talking about X3 then mine is a hybrid one. M3 has 3 slots so I don't think there should be any issues regarding switching from 1 sim to another.
You will have to confirm it from Mi community or youtube videos.
@nick.knack91011 cam has been great. I use 90hz rather than 120 hz as it drains the battery and phone becomes a bit warm. 60-90 hz difference can be perceived, 90-120hz not much.
Don't want to sound rude but I have shared my experience in threads on this page.
Just go through them... It becomes difficult to type the entire thing on mobile if you know what I mean. Just refer page 1-2 with budget demands upto 20k, you will see many peeps asking feedbCk about X3.

Quoting a friend of mine who asked for my suggestions about X3, hope you can make out.
Hi..
Regarding plastic, it's not that much an issue as I use a case anyways. Even without case, it ain't that bad and frankly, Poco did a good thing going plastic else the weight would have increased further.
Yes, the weight is bit on a higher side but you will get accustomed to within a week or so. If you are coming from a very light phone, then you would feel the difference instantaneously.
It's a two-hand phone, no doubt about it. You can use it with one hand but for max 45mins to 1 hour after which it gets a bit uncomfortable. But while watching videos, playing games the weight is distributed on both hands so you won't feel it.
Build quality is nothing exceptional nor total crap. I mean you can't expect any iphone like build quality but it gets job done.
Overall, I am very happy with the phone. 120hz refresh rate is smooth. You can hard-code it to 90hz to save battery as well as get higher refresh rate. If you are into gaming 240hz touch sampling rate is another bonus.
Whatever, you throw at it, abuse it.. it will easily last you for a complete day. I get around 2-2.5 days battery with moderate use.

If you can manage the weight(with cover) and a big screen(I love it, I don't miss my Amoled screen on my previous phone Realme XT), then there is nothing to not like about this phone. Overall it's a thumbs up from me..

I am no more into custom rom... gave it up log time. I need a phone which runs out of the box and MIUI has really improved from what I used it in previous phone. Even there are no ads and you can disable/remove some bloatware to make your phone more snappy.

Yeah... Android 11 is already available on custom roms and pretty stable too. So yeah, Dev's are very active for this device. That's the beauty of Xiaomi device.
Abnormal heating... Nope. It gets slightly warm while charging (on 18W, I don't use the given 33w, it does get hot with 33w, but it's a given) or continuous use like 1-2 hours at a stretch. The temps should be around 35-36 celcius, not so mich that it becomes uncomfortable to hold. It also has liquid cooling so it may help with best dissipation.

Last edited:
Back