Budget 21-30k urgent need advice for buying pc

momo81

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - amd 555be
    • Motherboard -gigabyte ga785
    • GPU - ATI XXX
    • RAM - Transcend 2X1GB
    • Monitor - samsung2030
    • PSU -
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • nil
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5 INTEL I-5 (4460) or AMD BULLDOZER FX 8320 (8 C
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

• (please mention the rest in above format)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • SMPS - 600W
    • Cabinet - CM XXX
    • RAM - 2X4GB PC8500
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • delhi
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes/No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Civilization 4
    • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes/No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Linux - Mandriva

I have recently built a machine with below
CPU : Intel Core i5 4440 (Rs. 11722)
MB : Gigabyte B85M-D3SH (Rs. 4807)
PSU : Corsair VS650 (Rs. 4000)
Cabinet : Cooler Master HAF XB EVO (Rs.7500)
RAM : Kingston HyperX Blu 8x1 GB DDR3 1600 MHz (Rs.5000)
GPU : Sapphire R9 280x 3GB Dual-X (Bought from TE)
HDD : WD Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EZEX (Rs.4000)
FAN : Xigmatek XOF Blue 120mm (Rs.425) (Supersilent fan, highly recommended)

You can the above as an inspiration of what to pick and what not to. Do post if you have any further questions

thanks for replying neo
CPU : Intel Core i5 4440 (Rs. 11722) and INTEL I-5 (4460) or 4470 price plz and which good
MB : Gigabyte B85M-D3SH (Rs. 4807) or ASUS B85M-G (1150)
why everyone recommend 4GB DDR3 CORSAIR VENGENC
suggest good monitor too

thanks for replying neo
CPU : Intel Core i5 4440 (Rs. 11722) and INTEL I-5 (4460) or 4470 price plz and which good
MB : Gigabyte B85M-D3SH (Rs. 4807) or ASUS B85M-G (1150)
why everyone recommend 4GB DDR3 CORSAIR VENGENC
suggest good monitor too
i5 4460 is a haswell refresh CPU. It is clocked 100MHz higher and except for that the two processors are near identical. You wont see any visible differences between the two. Pick whichever you find cheaper.
Instead of the Gigabyte board mentioned by me I'd recommend you to look at B85M-D3H. It has a SPDIF Out header which B85M-D3SH doesn't. And the Asus board has almost all the features that these have. You can't go wrong with either of these mid-range motherboards.
Everyone must be recommending 4x2 GB DDR3 to run them in dual channel mode. I picked a 8x1 since I am planning to add another stick to run 8x2 in dual channel.

I used to have a Benq GL2750 monitor but have now moved to a 40 inch 1920x1080 TV. Well I wanted to go for a 4k one but none out there right now have good refresh rates for playing games. I'd wait for another year or two before moving to the 4k bandwagon. But there are quite a big range of monitors. Sorry can't recommend much on this one.

Back