URGENT: Need to buy a data card for BSNL 3G: 1831 or 122 or ???

Hi everyone,

This thread should seem a repetitive one but off late I have been in a real fix as to which modem should I go for looking at all the threads that have mentioned problems regarding the above modems and the dealers selling defective pieces (Which are being resent to fix).

1831 seems to be a better buy albeit being a bit unstable in the recent times while 122 is stuck at 7.2. Is there are any other option that I should look at or wait for the new batch of 1831?

So the most important question here is where should I buy it from? Kindly suggest.

Regards

P.S. Reason of urgency: Have lost my Tata Photon + modem recently therefore have discontinued their service and looking to go for BSNL this time.

@ beanstalk_230 . What ever you buy ,dont buy it from DVDstoredelhi .REASON.

Buy a BSNL modem itself ,its for 2000 and 2500 Rs .There is promotional offer now .And be happy ,you will not be conned .

beanstalk_230 said:
Hi everyone,

This thread should seem a repetitive one but off late I have been in a real fix as to which modem should I go for looking at all the threads that have mentioned problems regarding the above modems and the dealers selling defective pieces (Which are being resent to fix).

1831 seems to be a better buy albeit being a bit unstable in the recent times while 122 is stuck at 7.2. Is there are any other option that I should look at or wait for the new batch of 1831?

So the most important question here is where should I buy it from? Kindly suggest.

Regards

P.S. Reason of urgency: Have lost my Tata Photon + modem recently therefore have discontinued their service and looking to go for BSNL this time.
1831 is a good modem, i had had mine for more than a month and have not faced any issues. I have used it more than 14 hours on a trot for more than a month. One particular lot of modems have had issues with one seller, but everyone does not have the same lot, so will recommend buying from other sellers. I bought mine from Shameer you can contact him 3G MODEM INDIA KERALA: Product.

SmartPants said:
if you request him politely to test your modem well before dispatching it to you, I don't see why he will not fullfill your request.

I'm thinking of that thing but I'm afraid he is very busy these days.....:(

Got a update from BSNL that postpaid 3G sims are unavailable at the moment. Would take 3-4 days to arrive. Thankfully i can decide until then.

And thanks a lot for the suggestions. I think I should wait for the next batch of 1831 from dvdstore to arrive OR buy it from ebay :huh: since 122 is unavailable. Any comments?

I recently contacted a dealer regarding the huawei 1831 and he says it would be available by monday. Exact pricing was unavailable till he stocks it but told me that it should land between 2.5k - 3k. I think I would buy from the local dealer since it would be easy to exchange / service if anything goes wrong even if it costs me 3k. (AFAI remember warranty is 1 yr)

Though I still haven't been able to get hold of a postpaid 3G sim from BSNL :( which is most likely to delay my buying plans.

Update: Bought the modem locally for 2650 with 1 year warranty.

Performance: 52% @ - 83 dBm to 66% @ -77 dBm

Direct dl's @ 250 kb / second

Torrents - fluctuate a lot on public. (No idea about pvt trackers since I am not registered on any :D)

T - Mobile webconnect manager: 2.05.0016.0

Is there a need to update or something or is it fine??

Back