PC Peripherals [Urgent] Optical Switch Mouse Needed Suggestions

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I am using Logitech g403 at the moment and it has started giving me super double click issue.
What should I do ? Fix it or replace it.
If fit it then where can I get the switch for it online.
if replace it, what mouse should I go for. Mostly would like to go for a wireless one. but don't want to deal with double click issue. Kinda of irritating :(
Budget is not an issue if longevity and performance is great.
also No Holes in mouse design as My place is a super dust magnet and I cannot keep cleaning it every day.

I use the mouse for daily work and gaming. Extensive gaming :p

Thanku for reading ma post :)

UPDATE : The Left Click Switch is DEAD!

Now what to buy is the question.

1) Raze Viper Ultimate Wireless black - ₹7.8k
2) Raze Naga Pro Wireless - not in stock where its ₹11k, reset its ₹12k

This are what I found at the moment.

Last edited:
You can fix it. Open the whole mouse. Then open the switches too. And clean the copper contact points with a polish papar. There are YouTube videos that you can refer to.

This Tutorial Should Be Helpful ..However I Prefer Fixing as that does exercises our Neurons , also saves money , hope you get my point bro.

Last edited:
Just yesterday I had bought a used Razer Deathadder Elite + 1 replacement switch from a fellow member who generously was selling them for very reasonable price due to the double clicking and scrolling issues.
I operated on that mouse and fixed it without replacing the switch. It's working fine right now but it remains to be seen for how long though.

I cleaned everything with Isopropyl alcohol (91-99%). Opened the switches and cleaned the copper place and contact points. These are very small, delicate and a little difficult to handle. Extreme care is needed to not ruin the switch as these are not really serviceable components and are meant to be replaced.

Just yesterday I had bought a used Razer Deathadder Elite + 1 replacement switch from a fellow member who generously was selling them for very reasonable price due to the double clicking and scrolling issues.
I operated on that mouse and fixed it without replacing the switch. It's working fine right now but it remains to be seen for how long though.

I cleaned everything with Isopropyl alcohol (91-99%). Opened the switches and cleaned the copper place and contact points. These are very small, delicate and a little difficult to handle. Extreme care is needed to not ruin the switch as these are not really serviceable components and are meant to be replaced.
Was the scroll wheel fixed?

Was the scroll wheel fixed?
I think so for now, yesterday just cleaning it with IPA seemed to have made an improvement, it scrolled randomly less than what it was initially. So I opened it again today and cleaned it again with a LOT of IPA and this time the switches too from inside by opening the switch (yesterday I only cleaned from casing of the switches), cleaning the plates. Then dried it out and tried again so not randomly scrolling up and down now but IDK how long it'll last. Time will tell...

EDIT: I feel like right switch had a little bit of corrosion from inside cuz I saw green color on the contact plates, perhaps that was causing double clicking (although it was not that often). Left click is not sounding the same as right click, like the sound is softer but still clicky, probably because of being more used than right.
I'm a bit skeptical of the scroll wheel even now. It feel a bit... loose? Like it doesn't have a lot of friction and moves easily with not much force needed. Maybe that's how it is from the start? I would never know that though since I never owned this mouse as a brand new unit.

Last edited:
I fixed it and now its over fixed. don't know what to do. the left key is what gives me issue. now its so sensitive that I have lost the tactile feedback and its screwed up more. may be new mouse is what I need with an optical switch...

the left key is what gives me issue. now its so sensitive that I have lost the tactile feedback and its screwed up more.
I happen to did that once with a g102 switch which was my first time trying to fix the switch. Perhaps you bended the copper plate too much that it's very flexible now or you just didn't place it properly into the 2 grooves on the switch bottom housing.
In any case I ended up replacing the switch on the g102 eventually and it worked but had to throw it out due to some other reasons some time later due to my anger issues ;) .

I fixed it and now its over fixed. don't know what to do. the left key is what gives me issue. now its so sensitive that I have lost the tactile feedback and its screwed up more. may be new mouse is what I need with an optical switch...
I think you probably didn't assemble it properly. You may want to have a look at the assembly of the other switches in the mouse and reassemble the left key.

When we clean it like this, the tactile feel and sound changes and that's normal. It'll come to usual normal tactile feedback after a few weeks. This will last for years. If it took 3 years to develop the issue then it'll take same time to develop the issue back again. Use polish/grit paper to clean. If you don't have that then you can try lightly scraping with a blade.

I think you probably didn't assemble it properly. You may want to have a look at the assembly of the other switches in the mouse and reassemble the left key.

When we clean it like this, the tactile feel and sound changes and that's normal. It'll come to usual normal tactile feedback after a few weeks. This will last for years. If it took 3 years to develop the issue then it'll take same time to develop the issue back again. Use polish/grit paper to clean. If you don't have that then you can try lightly scraping with a blade.
Switch Margaya in process :banghead:

Right I've done so with swapping the dpi switch with the left click with the g102 which went too soft (working without tactility) after repair.
Electrical Engineer ho kya :p

I am bad at soldering. will see if it can be revived. if it gets revived, will use it for send build. currently but New mouse is the way for me.

Electrical Engineer ho kya :p

I am bad at soldering. will see if it can be revived. if it gets revived, will use it for send build. currently but New mouse is the way for me.
haha, no. Just a Computer software engineer with a hobby for some small repairs. :D

I'm also bad at soldering, you can only get better with practice and better tools maybe with high precision.

Back