Urgent please.....save my hardwork.....@ Network cables

Hi All,

i use MTNL triband as my normal connection for surfing and downloading...however in my buidiling we have setup switches for separate Switch based Lan Connection ....

Now Constantly I have to switch between 2 networks with 2 set of Ip addresses, ....Please help with below information in point wise manner.

1)As I have 2 set of connections so can I use a software which can have 2 sets of Ip addresses which i switch after pluggin in the respective Network cable...rather than me changing the IP address everytime manually???

2)Also Can any one tell me if there a good LAN management utility which can beused to see all the machines on LAN and also for File Sharing and Common Chat rooms etc etc....(I already Know DC++ :) i just dint like the interface)

3) this is a question cuz of lack of knowledge ....If i have 2 lan Ports (1 onboard and 1 lancard) can I have 2 cables always plugged in and switch connection with some software utility nytime rather than doin physical labour work everytime

Any help as early as possible wud be appreciated cuz I just Sat n Sunday to do all the R n D.

If u r using XP right click the Network icon next to the Clock and select disable.....

---------- OR ---------

Go to Control Panel --> Network Connections --> U will see ur LAN connection there. Right click on any one u want to disable and select Disable. To enable it again Right click the disabled lan connection and select enable.........

Hope that helps.............

Pardon my Ignorance......I never knew it was so simple whn I connect 2 lan cables.....just never tried it....ny recommendation for ny LAN utilities for fole sharin n common chat rooms

Back